Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 08:54 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

440 horsepower 2014 Audi SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I thought maybe I could change tunes at will, so I'd at least have a chance that Audi techs wouldn't dig too deep during service, but the fact that I'd have to go to an APR dealer to change tunes is pretty much a deal breaker for me. The risk is too high.
As for the pulley, I don't think the upside of a 20 hp gain is worth the risk of 1) burning up the blower or 2) voiding the warranty.

Originally Posted by philkkw
I think I am getting a better picture now so *too bad* I would opt to stay stock as I have bought extend warranty.

Thanks for all tips and facts!!!
Old 10-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How is the Stage 2/Pulley treating you? Any issues? Have you been happy with the power gain vs cost?
Old 10-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very nice set up - still running well? I want to do this myself, but the issue is no APR del ears are even near me. Need to do more research - maybe I can do all of it in a weekend with a laptop and some APR help?
Old 10-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by philkkw
I think I am getting a better picture now so *too bad* I would opt to stay stock as I have bought extend warranty.

Thanks for all tips and facts!!!

If you're still interested in getting some kind of tune, and keeping your warranty you should look into Tuning boxes that can be installed by yourself that add "some" more HP and torque and can be removed by yourself before taking it into for service or checkup at the dealer, and apparently there are no signs of it ever being there.

Now don't take my word for it, as I have yet to take delivery of my car and have never tried it, but have been looking into it and considering it as an option because like yourself I plan to get the extended warranty.

The two boxes that I found to be of interest are linked below, most people that have used and tested them seem happy about the results, but don't forget No matter how you slice it, with extra power there is definitely going to be more wear and tear. Some people will say its still operating within the safety parameters of Audi specifications, but I believe its at your own risk (is why I am still considering it and researching more)

So the two I have narrowed down are below, both seem reputable and their chip boxes are manufactured in Germany and seem to have happy customers

Diesel Tuning UK LTD | Improved Diesel Performance And Economy | Digital Diesel Tuning Box

Chiptuning of RaceChip - the Powerbox for safe motor tuning

If anyone has any feedback or opinions on these chip boxes, please feel free to discuss.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting....Please let us know if you gather any more info

Spijun.....Do you know anything about this system?

Originally Posted by rendart
If you're still interested in getting some kind of tune, and keeping your warranty you should look into Tuning boxes that can be installed by yourself that add "some" more HP and torque and can be removed by yourself before taking it into for service or checkup at the dealer, and apparently there are no signs of it ever being there.

Now don't take my word for it, as I have yet to take delivery of my car and have never tried it, but have been looking into it and considering it as an option because like yourself I plan to get the extended warranty.

The two boxes that I found to be of interest are linked below, most people that have used and tested them seem happy about the results, but don't forget No matter how you slice it, with extra power there is definitely going to be more wear and tear. Some people will say its still operating within the safety parameters of Audi specifications, but I believe its at your own risk (is why I am still considering it and researching more)

So the two I have narrowed down are below, both seem reputable and their chip boxes are manufactured in Germany and seem to have happy customers

Diesel Tuning UK LTD | Improved Diesel Performance And Economy | Digital Diesel Tuning Box

Chiptuning of RaceChip - the Powerbox for safe motor tuning

If anyone has any feedback or opinions on these chip boxes, please feel free to discuss.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by osideaudi
How is the Stage 2/Pulley treating you? Any issues? Have you been happy with the power gain vs cost?
As of right now I haven't had any issues with it. I still have a blast with it even though I've had it for a while now. For some people 2500 ( pulley, tune, and stage 2 intake) is not worth it but in my opinion it is. Most people look at it as just a power gain, but it's so much more. In the long run it should save you gas, not to mention the sound. The supercharger whine still gives me the goosebumps
Old 10-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jay Christianson
Very nice set up - still running well? I want to do this myself, but the issue is no APR del ears are even near me. Need to do more research - maybe I can do all of it in a weekend with a laptop and some APR help?
Still treating me well. As for the apr dealer not being near you...sorry but idk what to tell ya...if you don't mind driving a bit to get it, I assure you that you won't regret it. Maybe you could do it in one weekend with a laptop and apr help, but you need some specific tools. Like I remember the pulley was a pain in the *** for the shop I went to because they had to be cautious removing the stock pulley, then they had to bake the apr pulley to make it more elastic before putting it on very carefully
Old 10-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tsang93
I went to because they had to be cautious removing the stock pulley, then they had to bake the apr pulley to make it more elastic before putting it on very carefully
This is typical procedure for the pulley swap.. maybe they hadn't done one before?
Old 10-14-2014, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by osideaudi
This is typical procedure for the pulley swap.. maybe they hadn't done one before?
I know they have, but it was the first time I personally saw it done live. I was jus emphasizing the fact that it was not a quick and easy job because Jay was suggesting he may do it himself. even if the shop has done it before there still needs to be a cautious approach so you don't mess up the pulley setup
Old 10-14-2014, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds like you are describing a shrink fit Tsang. The pulley is heated to expand the hole. Sometimes dry ice is used on the shaft too. The pully is then pushed onto the shaft and as the pulley cools, the hole closes up enough to be firmly attached to the shaft.

Originally Posted by Tsang93
Still treating me well. As for the apr dealer not being near you...sorry but idk what to tell ya...if you don't mind driving a bit to get it, I assure you that you won't regret it. Maybe you could do it in one weekend with a laptop and apr help, but you need some specific tools. Like I remember the pulley was a pain in the *** for the shop I went to because they had to be cautious removing the stock pulley, then they had to bake the apr pulley to make it more elastic before putting it on very carefully

Quick Reply: 440 horsepower 2014 Audi SQ5