Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

About to purchase Audicare for my 2015 Q5 TDI; please advise!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to purchase Audicare for my 2015 Q5 TDI; please advise!

Hello everyone,

Purchased my 2015 Q5 TDI in July (should have waited until September and probably would have gotten a bigger discount ha!). Closing in on 4000 miles. I am about pull a trigger in Audicare at MSRP. In light of the current VW scandal, should I pull the trigger now or wait? Do you anticipate prices going up on Audi service? Not sure what to do at this point.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

TIA
Old 09-25-2015, 07:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If your planning on keeping the car through the 45K service interval it certainly makes sense. Keep in mind the 5K service is free and Audicare doesn't start until the 15K service interval.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rjdoc74
Hello everyone,

Purchased my 2015 Q5 TDI in July (should have waited until September and probably would have gotten a bigger discount ha!). Closing in on 4000 miles. I am about pull a trigger in Audicare at MSRP. In light of the current VW scandal, should I pull the trigger now or wait? Do you anticipate prices going up on Audi service? Not sure what to do at this point.

TIA
Your 5,000 mile service is free. You can wait on the AudiCare until 15,000. Audi might be doing many things complementary for its TDI customers after this settles. So I suggest you wait.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Given that AUDI will have to do something to make their customers happier because of the EPA thing, you might get a better deal later. The dealers are waiting on Volkswagen's response to customers. You might be able to choose free or discounted Audicare as your cookie.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you guys. I am aware of 5000 free service and needing to purchase Audicare by 15,000 miles. I am trying to figure at which point I will get a better deal. Seems like consensus is to wait. I will do that.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remember, the AudiCare stays with the vehicle if you sell or trade it. It's a good selling point and if you keep your Audi, you will save some money on the scheduled maintenance over time. I've always opted for the program and have been very happy with the results.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hello everyone,

TIA
I would buy it. Especially it being a tdi. Although the diesel thing has happened, I've read it doesn't affect our Q5 tdi.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by djgainsbond
I would buy it. Especially it being a tdi. Although the diesel thing has happened, I've read it doesn't affect our Q5 tdi.
I am buying this product for sure. No questions about that.

My question was buy it now or wait to see what develops? I am only at 3300 miles, so I have plenty of time.

Do you think price will go up?
Old 09-25-2015, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I am buying this product for sure. No questions about that.

My question was buy it now or wait to see what develops? I am only at 3300 miles, so I have plenty of time.

Do you think price will go up?
I would wait to buy it until your 15K mile service and see how the diesel mess shakes out. While the V6 TDI engines have so far not been announced as affected, investigations are ongoing. Worst case, the price will go up about $50 or so based on Audi care pricing history.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I would wait to buy it until your 15K mile service and see how the diesel mess shakes out. While the V6 TDI engines have so far not been announced as affected, investigations are ongoing. Worst case, the price will go up about $50 or so based on Audi care pricing history.
Sounds like a good plan. Thank you.

Quick Reply: About to purchase Audicare for my 2015 Q5 TDI; please advise!