Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

ACNA Discount

Old 06-01-2014, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ACNA Discount

The dealer we are working with told us he is not required to accept the ACNA discount if he does not want to. Is that true?

Should the 6% ACNA discount apply to the $895 freight charge, as well as the $145 and $920 charges for the port installed supercharged fender badges and trailer hitch?

Also the dealer is telling us if we want to use the ACNA discount he can't waive a $490 regional advertising fee and $299 dealer documentation fee. Are these charges bogus?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming the program is the same this year as it was last year, we learned that it is indeed up to the individual dealer to set price and accept or reject any special offers they want. We found some who would honor it and some who said they would not. But when threatened to shop elsewhere, most agreed to honor it, but one still did not. YMMV.

In terms of fees, anything over the invoice of the car (and even then some) is a tacked on fee. Some legitimately cover the dealers expenses, but most are inflated to eek out additional profit. Unlike other cars I've purchased, in our area, it has been difficult to get Audi dealers to bend on some of these. Depends a lot on competition in your area.

Last edited by BlackAce; 06-01-2014 at 04:51 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

I contacted my regional director (Deep South) for guidance on Dealers accepting the discount. He knew for sure that one in my State did and suggested I contact locally also.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

FWIW, Audi reimburses the dealer 2% of the 6% ACNA (or Partner Supplier) discount. This results in the dealer supporting 4% of the total discount from their pocket. (Invoice cost is 7% less than retail sticker price). Since many dealers will have to discount 4% in any case to remain competitive in most markets, they actually like the ACNA program. That said, if a dealer's allocations on a particular new year model is low, they are loathe to discount it much at all so 4% may be too rich for them and they may not want to participate in the ACNA program.

The ACNA discount does indeed apply to the freight amount and any factory installed options. It does not apply to dealer add-on charges or gov't fees. If an option is listed on the car's Moroni window label, it's included.

It is typical for dealers to tack on any charges they can get away with. Co-op ad fees are reimbursed to a large extent by Audi when a dealer advertises so when I see this one I cringe as it's just an excuse to get back any lost profit from a discount they can (and a cost of doing business; what's next, a $50 fee to cover the coffee and donuts in the waiting room?). After doing business with my dealer for 10+ years, they charge me about $200 for "prep" in a new car and that's it (plus gov't licensing fees and sales tax of course). All of this is negotiable to a degree, even with the ACNA discount, especially if you have more than one Audi dealer (and BMW/Mercedes dealers) in your area.

Last edited by snagitseven; 06-01-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
FWIW, Audi reimburses the dealer 2% of the 6% ACNA (or Partner Supplier) discount. This results in the dealer supporting 4% of the total discount from their pocket. (Invoice cost is 7% less than retail sticker price). Since many dealers will have to discount 4% in any case to remain competitive in most markets, they actually like the ACNA program. That said, if a dealer's allocations on a particular new year model is low, they are loathe to discount it much at all so 4% may be too rich for them and they may not want to participate in the ACNA program.

The ACNA discount does indeed apply to the freight amount and any factory installed options. It does not apply to dealer add-on charges or gov't fees. If an option is listed on the car's Moroni window label, it's included.

It is typical for dealers to tack on any charges they can get away with. Co-op ad fees are reimbursed to a large extent by Audi when a dealer advertises so when I see this one I cringe as it's just an excuse to get back any lost profit from a discount they can (and a cost of doing business; what's next, a $50 fee to cover the coffee and donuts in the waiting room?). After doing business with my dealer for 10+ years, they charge me about $200 for "prep" in a new car and that's it (plus gov't licensing fees and sales tax of course). All of this is negotiable to a degree, even with the ACNA discount, especially if you have more than one Audi dealer (and BMW/Mercedes dealers) in your area.
Thanks, your response was very much what I expected. One more question...does the discount apply to PIO's (Port Installed Options) such as the Supercharged badges and trailer hitch?
Old 06-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gojones
I contacted my regional director (Deep South) for guidance on Dealers accepting the discount. He knew for sure that one in my State did and suggested I contact locally also.
How do you find the name and number of your AOA regional director?
Old 06-01-2014, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Michael92673
How do you find the name and number of your AOA regional director?

http://www.audiclubna.org/chapters

Copy this link and then click on your region. Contact information is available. Phone, email address.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Unless the ACNA discount works differently than the Supplier Discount, the 6% does NOT apply to destination charge:
Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2014, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by audi40
Unless the ACNA discount works differently than the Supplier Discount, the 6% does NOT apply to destination charge:
Hmm. I thought I read from others that the recent (for MY2014) ACNA program included freight in the discount. Either the ACNA program is different in that respect or it's incorrect info. unfortunately there are no specifics on the ACNA website so someone who took advantage of it this last year will have to confirm either way.

As to port accessories, I would imagine if they're included on the manf Moroni label the discount would apply. If not on the label, no.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shark115
Thanks, your response was very much what I expected. One more question...does the discount apply to PIO's (Port Installed Options) such as the Supercharged badges and trailer hitch?
I can confirm that the 6% is off port installed and off destination fees as well took delivery of A6 in Feb.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ACNA Discount