Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Q5/SQ5 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Q5/SQ5 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 04:31 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 281519

Default ACNA Discount

The dealer we are working with told us he is not required to accept the ACNA discount if he does not want to. Is that true?

Should the 6% ACNA discount apply to the $895 freight charge, as well as the $145 and $920 charges for the port installed supercharged fender badges and trailer hitch?

Also the dealer is telling us if we want to use the ACNA discount he can't waive a $490 regional advertising fee and $299 dealer documentation fee. Are these charges bogus?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
shark115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:48 AM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 231163

Assuming the program is the same this year as it was last year, we learned that it is indeed up to the individual dealer to set price and accept or reject any special offers they want. We found some who would honor it and some who said they would not. But when threatened to shop elsewhere, most agreed to honor it, but one still did not. YMMV.

In terms of fees, anything over the invoice of the car (and even then some) is a tacked on fee. Some legitimately cover the dealers expenses, but most are inflated to eek out additional profit. Unlike other cars I've purchased, in our area, it has been difficult to get Audi dealers to bend on some of these. Depends a lot on competition in your area.

Last edited by BlackAce; 06-01-2014 at 04:51 AM.
BlackAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:17 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 268524

I contacted my regional director (Deep South) for guidance on Dealers accepting the discount. He knew for sure that one in my State did and suggested I contact locally also.
gojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:03 AM   #4
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 22753

FWIW, Audi reimburses the dealer 2% of the 6% ACNA (or Partner Supplier) discount. This results in the dealer supporting 4% of the total discount from their pocket. (Invoice cost is 7% less than retail sticker price). Since many dealers will have to discount 4% in any case to remain competitive in most markets, they actually like the ACNA program. That said, if a dealer's allocations on a particular new year model is low, they are loathe to discount it much at all so 4% may be too rich for them and they may not want to participate in the ACNA program.

The ACNA discount does indeed apply to the freight amount and any factory installed options. It does not apply to dealer add-on charges or gov't fees. If an option is listed on the car's Moroni window label, it's included.

It is typical for dealers to tack on any charges they can get away with. Co-op ad fees are reimbursed to a large extent by Audi when a dealer advertises so when I see this one I cringe as it's just an excuse to get back any lost profit from a discount they can (and a cost of doing business; what's next, a $50 fee to cover the coffee and donuts in the waiting room?). After doing business with my dealer for 10+ years, they charge me about $200 for "prep" in a new car and that's it (plus gov't licensing fees and sales tax of course). All of this is negotiable to a degree, even with the ACNA discount, especially if you have more than one Audi dealer (and BMW/Mercedes dealers) in your area.

- 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED headlights,Cold Weather and B&O;
Bridgestone RE970AS tires; XPel Ultimate full front, mirrors and rocker panels, Opti-coat Pro
- 2002 allroad 2.7t - 13y/49K mi and still like new
- 2009 A4 3.2 Prestige w/Nav (sold at 4y/48K mi)
- 2001 A6 2.7t (sold at 8y/98K mi)

Last edited by snagitseven; 06-01-2014 at 06:05 AM.
snagitseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:27 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 281519

Quote:
Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
FWIW, Audi reimburses the dealer 2% of the 6% ACNA (or Partner Supplier) discount. This results in the dealer supporting 4% of the total discount from their pocket. (Invoice cost is 7% less than retail sticker price). Since many dealers will have to discount 4% in any case to remain competitive in most markets, they actually like the ACNA program. That said, if a dealer's allocations on a particular new year model is low, they are loathe to discount it much at all so 4% may be too rich for them and they may not want to participate in the ACNA program.

The ACNA discount does indeed apply to the freight amount and any factory installed options. It does not apply to dealer add-on charges or gov't fees. If an option is listed on the car's Moroni window label, it's included.

It is typical for dealers to tack on any charges they can get away with. Co-op ad fees are reimbursed to a large extent by Audi when a dealer advertises so when I see this one I cringe as it's just an excuse to get back any lost profit from a discount they can (and a cost of doing business; what's next, a $50 fee to cover the coffee and donuts in the waiting room?). After doing business with my dealer for 10+ years, they charge me about $200 for "prep" in a new car and that's it (plus gov't licensing fees and sales tax of course). All of this is negotiable to a degree, even with the ACNA discount, especially if you have more than one Audi dealer (and BMW/Mercedes dealers) in your area.
Thanks, your response was very much what I expected. One more question...does the discount apply to PIO's (Port Installed Options) such as the Supercharged badges and trailer hitch?
shark115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:18 AM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 282132

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojones View Post
I contacted my regional director (Deep South) for guidance on Dealers accepting the discount. He knew for sure that one in my State did and suggested I contact locally also.
How do you find the name and number of your AOA regional director?
Michael92673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 268524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael92673 View Post
How do you find the name and number of your AOA regional director?

http://www.audiclubna.org/chapters

Copy this link and then click on your region. Contact information is available. Phone, email address.
gojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #8
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 151798

Quote:
Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
Unless the ACNA discount works differently than the Supplier Discount, the 6% does NOT apply to destination charge:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot003.jpg (119.0 KB, 337 views)
2009 A4 2.OTQ, Deep Sea Blue on Gray
audi40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:40 PM   #9
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 22753

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi40 View Post
Unless the ACNA discount works differently than the Supplier Discount, the 6% does NOT apply to destination charge:
Hmm. I thought I read from others that the recent (for MY2014) ACNA program included freight in the discount. Either the ACNA program is different in that respect or it's incorrect info. unfortunately there are no specifics on the ACNA website so someone who took advantage of it this last year will have to confirm either way.

As to port accessories, I would imagine if they're included on the manf Moroni label the discount would apply. If not on the label, no.

- 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED headlights,Cold Weather and B&O;
Bridgestone RE970AS tires; XPel Ultimate full front, mirrors and rocker panels, Opti-coat Pro
- 2002 allroad 2.7t - 13y/49K mi and still like new
- 2009 A4 3.2 Prestige w/Nav (sold at 4y/48K mi)
- 2001 A6 2.7t (sold at 8y/98K mi)
snagitseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:20 AM   #10
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 261553

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark115 View Post
Thanks, your response was very much what I expected. One more question...does the discount apply to PIO's (Port Installed Options) such as the Supercharged badges and trailer hitch?
I can confirm that the 6% is off port installed and off destination fees as well took delivery of A6 in Feb.
Ormond00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
acna, delivery, discount, eoro