Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Aftermarket exaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D_Frost
To achieve that, all you would need to do is to swap out to a high flow cat (HFC) and it will give you more power/mileage and sound. The question is, does BC require emissions testing? HFC may cause issues with emissions testing.

Other more traditional options would be cat back exhausts, which does help a bit in the power/sound department but not as significantly as the HFC. There are options from AWE Tuning, Stasis, Remus... some have gone the custom route with Magnaflow setups.

Good luck!
In my part of BC, I am not worried about emmision testing!

Thanks guys. I now have a great starting point.

Last edited by Chrispmoto; 06-23-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderDent
Aside from my APR tune, K04/S3 turbo install, and my upcoming Intercooler (which my custom Audi/VW APR shop did), my dealership did my entire build. High flow cat, exhaust, coilovers, spacers, brakes, steering wheel, sway bar, adjustable end links, rotors, etc. I did my shifter because of the mod. And I did my seal/scuff plates. And body shop did paint/kit install.

My dealer is great about everything. I told them upfront about the tune. They always try to do warranty unless a problem is something I've caused, and the head Audi tech has experience with adjustable suspensions/racing, so he looked forward to the build.
wish there was dealers here like that lol
Old 06-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor

Default REMUS USA Response

AudiQ5Sleeper, Chrispmoto, Thunderdent: Do any of you know about these? We have several pretty happy retailers and end users around these 'Axle back Splice On' Rear Silencers.

Turbo'd 2.0L VW Golf's have experienced very good dyno results with free flow REMUS' mounted. Though we don't have a dyno report on these Q5's, we believe they will produce similar results. As most of you know, Turbo'd engines benefit more-so than do N.A. cars from free flow exhaust. If you'd like to know more, or find out about our Audiworld forum member special pricing and/or freight allowances please PM me, or just post in this thread. Thanks! I hope I can help.

In stock in our CA facility...
Old 06-28-2013, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by REMUS4myAudi
AudiQ5Sleeper, Chrispmoto, Thunderdent: Do any of you know about these? We have several pretty happy retailers and end users around these 'Axle back Splice On' Rear Silencers.

Turbo'd 2.0L VW Golf's have experienced very good dyno results with free flow REMUS' mounted. Though we don't have a dyno report on these Q5's, we believe they will produce similar results. As most of you know, Turbo'd engines benefit more-so than do N.A. cars from free flow exhaust. If you'd like to know more, or find out about our Audiworld forum member special pricing and/or freight allowances please PM me, or just post in this thread. Thanks! I hope I can help.

In stock in our CA facility...
I was thinking about these.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
I was thinking about these.
They sound good, but I wouldn't use a HFC with it...
Old 10-02-2015, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just bought 2009 Q7 4.2 S-line. Exaust note too wimpy. Any suggestions for an aftermarket exhaust? I dont really care if I get more power, I just want it to sound better