Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Almost Went 6 Months Free From @%&! Parkers

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the "Ask The Audience" life line. Just got a quote for PDR. $275 and 2 hrs to fix. Is that in line with everyone's experience with PDR? I guess I just forgo the claim and try to get $275 from this other driver, or eat the $275.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jdntea
Thanks for the "Ask The Audience" life line. Just got a quote for PDR. $275 and 2 hrs to fix. Is that in line with everyone's experience with PDR? I guess I just forgo the claim and try to get $275 from this other driver, or eat the $275.
$275 sounds reasonable considering where the damage is. It is sad that you even have to go after the other driver to get them to face up to what they have done, they obviously weren't raised very well, shameful.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh so you know where the scumbag lives that hit you. I would give him or her a chance to make it right it maybe that they had to get to work ASAP and would have told you later or if it was HER she probably didn't even realize it. Lol. But if they don't make it right I would go all mafia on their *** maybe get a friend with a beater to back into them late at night since the cops won't do anything about it. Lol
Old 01-17-2014, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

i don't want to post details here, since who knows who reads these forums, but feel free to PM me if you want the legal perspective of your situation. good luck!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I truly hope you are not walking near that person's car on your way to a baseball game and happen to be carrying a bat and accidentally slip and fall against that car. That would be terrible
Old 02-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I settled the claim with Geico and the other policy is on the hook for the repair. The case file had to be escalated to a higher department. They sent an agent out to the other vehicle to do an on site inspection because the other driver was ducking all the calls, emails and snail mail communications. Of course they found extensive damage on the other vehicle, none of which was reported--I asked just to prove a point of how wreckless drivers they are. The case agent got in touch with my witness' father but wasn't able to formally interview the witness (minor). Nevertheless, he said since I was co-operative and patient, plus the witness note and confirmation of accounts by the witness' father, and the fact the the other driver was a complete flake with extensive damage to their car and denied any culpabilty, I won the claim.

All in all, very satisfied with the whole process with Geico and I should get a check sometime this week. The estimate wound up being around $820--only because there was paint damage and scratches that PDR would not fix. They also have to do a color blend with the front driver door and I also have Expel door edge guards that will have to be replaced, which the inspection agent correctly identified without me pointing it out.

I'll post before and after pictures of the repair so everyone can get a sense of what some body work will look like on the Q5. Hopefully none of you have to visit the body shop. My biggest concern is the paint match on the Cuvee Silver metallic and how the color shifts in different light.

I'm glad this is almost behind me.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Fixed

Got the body work done a few weeks ago--waited out the horrible winter weather. Total was $826. However, still going through some repairs for a separate issue with the body shop. They damaged both the driver and rear passenger inside door pull inserts (the plastic around the window controls) and the the leather. It looks like they used a flat head screwdriver to pop off the panels instead of proper trims tool, or it's impossible to remove the panels without damaging them. They also left a paint sample bottle in the car while they were storing it for repairs, so I'm still getting paint fumes aired out.

Color match is excellent, but I can tell there was repair done so I am definitely going to get dinged on resale. They blended the driver door, and I saw there was overspray when I did my pickup inspection, so they polished the whole side out. I noticed the damage to the rear door pull at pickup, but didn't notice the driver side damage until a week after the rear was fixed. All-in-all, they had it in their shop for 4 weeks. And I still didn't get the driver door pull panel fixed yet. Thankfully, they are picking up the cost or making GEICO supplement the cost which will get paid by the other policy. The shop guys are nice but the whole experience was like i was getting punk'd.

Since the repairs, I bought a garage space, which is what I should have done when I got the car.

1800 miles in 9 months, but I plan on taking some serious road trips within the next couple of years. Still loving it. The 2.0T is peppy and good enough for city driving with all the stoplights and 30 and 50 MPH speed limits. However, getting serious SQ5 envy with everyone posting theirs.

Just one note about the 3M Crystalline for anyone on the fence about it. Get it. You won't be disappointed. The heat rejection is incredible. We had some great weather in NYC and I had my window halfway down, so half my leg (in jeans) was exposed to direct sunlight and burning up, but the other half was cool as a cucumber. The panorama sunroof is awesome with it too. We recently did a weekend trip to AC and I barely had to run the air conditioner. It never gets hot and stuffy under the sun and I never close the sunshade. Going back to AC for Memorial day week. I think my luck changed--comped 3 nights!

Happy motoring.

Repairs.

Before:

Name:  IMG_20140116_074112.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  40.4 KB
Name:  IMG_20140116_074056.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  21.7 KB

After:

Name:  C360_2014-04-06-12-18-04-177.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  58.9 KB
Name:  C360_2014-04-06-12-18-12-744.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  54.2 KB

Last edited by Jdntea; 05-13-2014 at 01:20 PM.