Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Any bets on tomorrow's court update?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Any bets on tomorrow's court update?

Was wondering what the judge and CARB Letters will do to proceedings. I am a TDI owner who really wants out of the whole diesel mess, for obvious reasons, even tho we both love the way it drives now!

Have looked around from Audi dealer (who suggested waiting for buyout) or buying a 2.0 from him to BMW dealers and noticed wild fluctuations in offers from each, depending on the day you visit them. Apparently they all use their dealer auction sites now!

Sadly, everything I compare it to just isn't as good or as right for us as the Q5. I am pissed at Audi for its recent treatment of us, but that just seems to be the case with most claims? Even dealer said he has heard multiple complaints as customer service are not Audi employees!

So...was hoping Something constructive and expeditious would come out of the session tomorrow in our favour. Like the judge lambasting VW/Audi for the continued lies to him.

Am kind of doubtful, but thought I would ask opinions here.

Your thoughts please.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

The agenda tomorrow is for the preliminary approval of the 2.0L settlement. The August agenda is a status conference. So I am not holding much hope for any news about the 3.0L TDI vehicles tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
The agenda tomorrow is for the preliminary approval of the 2.0L settlement. The August agenda is a status conference. So I am not holding much hope for any news about the 3.0L TDI vehicles tomorrow.
Yes, I know, but you would think that the latest rejection letter from CARB on the subject of the 3.0's that the judge would make some sort of comment with this new round of lies!

Ah well........
Old 07-25-2016, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Bets? Yes, I'll bet 100% that all parties how up and beat around the bush.

If your Q5 is in good shape, hold onto it, see what the buyback offer next year is, and whether Audi has a Q5 hybrid with "Ludicrous Mode" on the road by then.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 577 Likes on 483 Posts
Default Article on TDI court hearing today (Jul 26 2016)

From law.com:
VW Judge Signs Off on $14B Emissions Settlement

Volkswagen-MDL

SAN FRANCISCO – A federal judge on Tuesday granted preliminary approval to a more than $14 billion settlement in the litigation over Volkwagen AG’s cheating of U.S. environmental regulations.

U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer of the Northern District of California expressed satisfaction with elements of the settlement that will allow owners of VW vehicles with 2.0 liter engines to have their cars fixed or bought back by the automaker, as well as component directed at ameliorating the environmental impact of the scandal.

“It appears in your presentation today, as it appeared when you filed your documents, that an enormous effort has been devoted to achieve a series of goals,” Breyer said at the tail end of an almost two hour hearing, where lawyers from Volkwagen, the U.S. government and a class of consumers explained the various facets of the settlement, which was unveiled last month.

“I think from what I’ve seen that those goals have been achieved, and accordingly the court grants preliminary approval,” he said.

Once Breyer formally issues the order, the owners of the roughly 480,000 affected 2.0 liter vehicles will be able to start an online claims process at [url=http://www.vwcourtsettlement.com]