Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Q5 Basic Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q5 Basic Sound System

What sound system does Audi Q5 basic comes with? The sales person told me that Bose makes the speakers for Audi Q5 in the base version.

But when I checked Bose website, it doesn't show Q5.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...audi/index.jsp

*I know that we can upgrade to 14 speakers from B&O.

But before making that decision, want to make sure that Q5 basic speakers are made by bose?
Old 10-18-2012, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure who makes the speakers, but I think it were Bose, it was prominently say Bose somewhere. I'm going to call BS on the salesguy.
I listened to both and ended up ordering the B&O. I'm not an audiophile, but the B&O had a much cleaner sound.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I thought it was Blaupunkt?

In my 2011, I think I saw a Blaupunkt sticker on the amplifier. Maybe it's only the amplifier
Old 10-18-2012, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's Bose.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Speakers and amplifiers for the B & O produces company Lear http://www.lear.com/en/electrical/audio.aspx
The same company Products components for the Audi sound system

http://www.lear.com/InTheNews/1133/1...ound-Labo.aspx

Last edited by spijun; 10-18-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by abcabc
Not sure who makes the speakers, but I think it were Bose, it was prominently say Bose somewhere. I'm going to call BS on the salesguy.
I listened to both and ended up ordering the B&O. I'm not an audiophile, but the B&O had a much cleaner sound.
It does sound like universally the B&O is regarded as well worth the cost, though the standard system seems decent enough. I guess if you're not particularly picky on audio and want to save the charge (put it towards a different option) then it's fine, but by default try to upgrade. Quieter cars will make it easier to hear the flaws in a stereo system, after all, so you can't put in a crappy system and cover it up with road noise.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Are you sure its Bose?

Originally Posted by ThunderDent
It's Bose.
Does it shows Bose logo somewhere?
Old 10-18-2012, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I opted for the Bang in my 2012 Q. It was well worth the cost. The A6 I ordered has the upgrade to Bose as the Bang in the A6 is $5900 yes $5900!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by senbala
Does it shows Bose logo somewhere?
I have no idea. I have the B&O. I just remember reading when I was getting mine that the base was a Bose. Also, there was a show (someone put the vid up from youtube I believe a year ago or so) where they took 2 Audi's and compared the Bose to the B&O. The host did a blind test to see if he could tell the difference, and he was spot on.

I'm sure that vid is out there somewhere.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by DER KONIG PANZER
I opted for the Bang in my 2012 Q. It was well worth the cost. The A6 I ordered has the upgrade to Bose as the Bang in the A6 is $5900 yes $5900!
In A6 Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System but it is a totally different system with 1.200 Watt, with 15 speakers PRICES IN EUROPE 6.000 EUR = 7.850$ for A6

Surround sound playback with 15 speakers including subwoofer and center speaker and each with its own amplifier channel; polished loudspeaker covers made ​​of aluminum; automatically extending acoustic lenses for excellent performance and perspective of the sound at every seat, 10-channel DSP full digital amplifier, for woofers and subwoofers fully digital, highly efficient 5-channel ICE power amplifier, with a total output of over 1,200 watts, the reproduction of 5.1 surround sound is possible, privacy function: Enclosed speaker enclosure minimize escape of sound system in the exterior of the vehicle and provide example Confidentiality in handsfree mode on the phone, in addition, a well-defined action of the speaker achieved; noise dependent volume control

Audi A8 PRICE 6.500 EUR= 8.500$ 1,400 watts - 19 speakers
Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System offers with incredible sound performance in the concert hall
Surround sound playback with 19 speakers including subwoofer and center speaker and each with its own amplifier channel; polished loudspeaker covers made ​​of aluminum; automatically extending acoustic lenses for excellent performance and perspective of the sound at every seat, high, mid and tweeter for the rear seats enabling a wide soundstage in every seat, 14-channel DSP full digital amplifier, for woofers and subwoofers-digital highly efficient 5-channel ICE Power amplifier, total output of over 1,400 watts, the reproduction of 5.1 surround sound is possible, privacy function : Enclosed speaker enclosure minimize escape of sound system in the exterior of the vehicle and provide example Confidentiality on the phone in speakerphone mode, in addition, a well-defined action of the speaker achieved; noise dependent volume control

Last edited by spijun; 10-18-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Audi Q5 Basic Sound System