Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Apr or giac?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, trying to bring some sanity to this never ending topic is...insane. For me personally, I have modded everything I've ever owned in 1 form or another. ...yes even a straight 6, 4.0 Grand Cherokee now since departed.

If you go in with eyes open, knowing there's a chance of issues, it really isn't a big deal. Where people get in trouble is somehow convincing themselves that adding 40-50% more power, willingly, is somehow someone else's responsibility when things maybe go too far. You wanna play, you gotta pay is how I have to look at this.

APR is the way I'm going with my 3.0T (Stage 1 or 2 still TBD). If their tunes were laden with failures and issues, they wouldn't still be in business...But. broken parts is still a risk I need to acknowledge for the expanded fun potential.

That all being said, if my car throws a TD1 and a window motor fails, for example, under warranty? Audi will be fixing it. They cannot do a blanket warranty void across unrelated components. Broken half-shaft or blown head gasket? That's another story and will be highly dealer dependent
Old 01-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSVT
Honestly, trying to bring some sanity to this never ending topic is...insane. For me personally, I have modded everything I've ever owned in 1 form or another. ...yes even a straight 6, 4.0 Grand Cherokee now since departed.

If you go in with eyes open, knowing there's a chance of issues, it really isn't a big deal. Where people get in trouble is somehow convincing themselves that adding 40-50% more power, willingly, is somehow someone else's responsibility when things maybe go too far. You wanna play, you gotta pay is how I have to look at this.

APR is the way I'm going with my 3.0T (Stage 1 or 2 still TBD). If their tunes were laden with failures and issues, they wouldn't still be in business...But. broken parts is still a risk I need to acknowledge for the expanded fun potential.

That all being said, if my car throws a TD1 and a window motor fails, for example, under warranty? Audi will be fixing it. They cannot do a blanket warranty void across unrelated components. Broken half-shaft or blown head gasket? That's another story and will be highly dealer dependent
Thanks for the info. I know this topic has been beat to death but new owner and just curious on everyone's opinion especially since my car is a 2014 and everywhere I've shopped around don't even have the 2014 2.0T Q5 as an option.