Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Care and Audi Care Plus

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Audi Care and Audi Care Plus

Can we buy Audi Care or Audi Care Plus anytime we want if we want it? From my understanding the actual price is negotiable? What is the best price people have gotten?

Also, I bought a CPO 2014 TDI that has the 6/100,000 miles warranty... Can I extend it or change it to something like 8/100,000 miles etc..?
Old 08-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imdakine1
Can we buy Audi Care or Audi Care Plus anytime we want if we want it? From my understanding the actual price is negotiable? What is the best price people have gotten?

Also, I bought a CPO 2014 TDI that has the 6/100,000 miles warranty... Can I extend it or change it to something like 8/100,000 miles etc..?

I'm not sure about Audi Care Plus, but I just went in for my 15k service and I bought it that day. The price can be negotiable, I guess, but the best shot is probably before you purchase or lease your care, not after as the dealer has zero incentive to discount after you have vehicle in hand.

Bob
Old 08-28-2014, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

What sort of discounts have people been able to negotiate?
Old 08-28-2014, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imdakine1
It's possible. Mine is a '11 2.0T Premium+ CPO that came with a 3-year, 50K mile warranty. For $2,750 I bumped that up to 5 years/75K miles. I don't drive that many miles per year so will run out the clock before I hit that many miles. Just check with your dealer.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Festoolbob
I'm not sure about Audi Care Plus, but I just went in for my 15k service and I bought it that day. The price can be negotiable, I guess, but the best shot is probably before you purchase or lease your care, not after as the dealer has zero incentive to discount after you have vehicle in hand.

Bob
+1

My experience and feedback is exactly as Bob has stated. I just added it on Tuesday for my 15k service, which was my plan all along.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

audi care plus can only be purchased once the interval of audi care expires

I think that milrage point is 45k, can't remeber without my brochure

supposedly the only thing you can buy at first is audi care

this is what my dealer told me
Old 08-29-2014, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope...I was sold everything up front.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

Audi Care most definitely can be purchased at any time, however, buying at the 15K mi.service makes the most sense. As to discounts, AC has paper thin margin (less than 10%) to the dealer. Therefore, getting a discount at any time is pretty unlikely. For those that got it "free" or heavily discounted at time of purchase, the dealer was really discounting the car as they had to bear cost of the AC. In other words, theoretically, one could have received a discount on the car equal to the dealers cost of AC w/o actually buying it. There's no free rides here - someone has to foot the bill.

While AC is a decent value for those that plan on having the dealer do the scheduled maintenance, AC Plus is considerably more expensive with less services included (3 I believe). Since the warranty will be done at that point, it probably will make more sense mathematically to have a good indy shop do the service at that point.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
While AC is a decent value for those that plan on having the dealer do the scheduled maintenance, AC Plus is considerably more expensive with less services included (3 I believe). Since the warranty will be done at that point, it probably will make more sense mathematically to have a good indy shop do the service at that point.
@snagitseven: If I plan to keep my car for several years and get an extended warranty (3rd party, not through dealer) would it still be better to skip Audi Care+ and have it serviced by an indy, or if I have the extended warranty, is AC+ a good way to go?

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I bought the extended warranty for 2100 (drive a lot) for 5/100000 miles, Tire n wheel for 870$, ding dents for 150 n key insurance for free.
So I dont know if it was wise move!

Quick Reply: Audi Care and Audi Care Plus