Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Connect - Keeps on Wanting Pin

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Audi Connect - Keeps on Wanting Pin

Have a 6 week old Audi Q5 TDI. Twice in 6 weeks now it wants the pin when you go into the online destinations. This is a RPITA. I would have thought you just enter the pin once and you're done.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hitchens97
Have a 6 week old Audi Q5 TDI. Twice in 6 weeks now it wants the pin when you go into the online destinations. This is a RPITA. I would have thought you just enter the pin once and you're done.

I had this issue right after I got my Q5. I called My Audi Cust. Service and got it resolved quickly. I don't recall what we did though but the cust. svc. was helpful.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hitchens97
I have also been frustrated with this as the car was asking for the pin and I did not know what numbers to use. I now realize that it needs the eight digit PIN associated with the "my audi" account registration. I found that number again after logging into the my audi website. I hope that my Q5 will be able to pull addresses easier from the my audi account using the google maps send to car feature as I find entering address using the voice control feature challenging due to background road/engine noise.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Audi. I had that problem. They walked me through the fix.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SamLV
Call Audi. I had that problem. They walked me through the fix.
I called Audi but the person I talked to did not know the fix. He is doing some research and will get back to me. Do you recall what they had you do to fix the problem? Was it something you had to do to the MMI under the car menu or was it something they did with your Audi connect account?
Old 12-14-2014, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just had this happen where it prompted me for the PIN when I went to online destinations. I went and got the PIN yesterday and re-entered it. No dice, didn't work.

So I entered it about 100 more times, super slowly. Still didn't take. Trust me when I say I knew what the right PIN was.

Went back and gave it a shot today, worked on the first time. My only guess is that I might have been in an area where I don't have good signal yesterday. Today I did it when I had full bars and all the connection lights lit up.

TL;DR -- you could try entering the PIN again when you have perfect connectivity.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I can't remember what the Audi customer service rep had me do regarding the PIN issue, but it's been nearly 2 years and I haven't been asked again. I do have the correct PIN # in the car just in case.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I've had it happen to me about 3 times over the past 4 months. I end up using the iphone app which is made of the A3. The app works well and maintains my audi pin so I always have it on me.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GoldenBear
I called Audi but the person I talked to did not know the fix. He is doing some research and will get back to me. Do you recall what they had you do to fix the problem? Was it something you had to do to the MMI under the car menu or was it something they did with your Audi connect account?
Unless you've already done this; try attempting the following: within the MMI Menus (I believe under the Telephone grouping) look for the Data Connection settings and for the Establish Connection prompt - select/choose Never (your other available selections here are Ask and Always)
Old 12-15-2014, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jcdias
Unless you've already done this; try attempting the following: within the MMI Menus (I believe under the Telephone grouping) look for the Data Connection settings and for the Establish Connection prompt - select/choose Never (your other available selections here are Ask and Always)
I'll give that a try. You know Consumer Reports was spot on with this car. Basically said everything was good apart from the controls for all of the infotainment. Audi could really do with some good UX people.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect - Keeps on Wanting Pin