Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Anyone else on the Mermaid Ace?

Old 11-22-2014, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else on the Mermaid Ace?

My wife's S3 looks like it will be on the Mermaid Ace next week. Any big brother Qs scheduled on the same boat to keep us company?

From looking at the schedule, it could also be on the Felicity Ace, but that data doesn't seem to match up with Marine Traffic, whereas Mermaid does. Regardless, it'll be soon!
Old 11-23-2014, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What build week are they quoting for you? My Q5 build week is next week (week 48). If it can get by train to Emden quick enough it could be on either Mermaid Ace or Felicity Ace. If not, the next are Swan Ace or Perseus Leader. The schedule shows both Mermaid and Felicity arriving at Emden on 11/28. Will be watching closely. What US port serves your area? Brunswick?

Don
Old 11-23-2014, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Don Keener
What US port serves your area? Brunswick?

Don
Ahh... I see now that you are in Florida so its Brunswick. Im in Vero Beach and ordered thru Stuart Audi.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Looks like the Felicity Ace has pulled out of Russia and is now heading for Bremerhaven on the 27th. Its just a short jump to Emden from there.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Keener
What build week are they quoting for you? My Q5 build week is next week (week 48). If it can get by train to Emden quick enough it could be on either Mermaid Ace or Felicity Ace. If not, the next are Swan Ace or Perseus Leader. The schedule shows both Mermaid and Felicity arriving at Emden on 11/28. Will be watching closely. What US port serves your area? Brunswick?

Don
I should get that info in the morning, but I'm pretty sure it was built last week. As you've already discovered, yes, it's Brunswick. With our Q5 last year, it only took 4 days from U.S. port arrival to us picking it up at the dealer, so I'm looking forward to a VERY merry Christmas this year.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlackAce
I should get that info in the morning, but I'm pretty sure it was built last week. As you've already discovered, yes, it's Brunswick. With our Q5 last year, it only took 4 days from U.S. port arrival to us picking it up at the dealer, so I'm looking forward to a VERY merry Christmas this year.
Fingers crossed for ya! If it was built last week then perhaps there is a chance that it is on the Cougar Ace which left Emden on the 21st. If the dealer will share the detailed status you should know tomorrow. My dealer is stingy with details. Ive asked for a screen print of the status page but he hasnt come thru. I plan on going down there the Wed after Thanksgiving and get some answers. Im hoping it will show a 'ship load' date and it will be on its way.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Looks like the Felicity Ace beat the Mermaid Ace into port. Felicity is heading out of Emden now and Mermaid should be heading in shortly! Fingers crossed!