Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi employees' obsession with surveys

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 03:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the same requests for 10s from the salesman and from the service consultants at both dealerships where I've gone for service. So far no surveys have come from AoA!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

I received a few surveys after I purchased the Q5. I remember one of them was from JD Power.

Every time I service my car, my service advisor gives me the spiel of how I will receive a survey and I should rate them a 10, because that's only what's considered acceptable. If I'm unhappy with something, then I should contact them before filling out the survey. I also receive an email the same day, stating what the service advisor said. I question this key metric. If 10 is the only successful number, then they should change the survey to outstanding service or fail.

This survey system is flawed. The dealer should be rated on doing it right the first time, because giving the dealer a 10 after the issue has been resolved may not fix the root cause of customer service issue. It's merely fixing the situation at hand, but it could be more of a systemic issue.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got one general survey from a third party, the name began with an M. I'd received one before from them on another car.

The Audi/dealership surveys seem like a hit or miss scenario. My dealership didn't seem too well organized or well run - But may have improved after a full management turnover shortly after we got the Q5.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Never Got One

Each time I have gone in they ask me to give them 10's when I get the survey vis email. I have told them many times I never received such emails. They checked my email and they had it right so guess we are luck.
But I would have given them 10's even without them begging for them.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The whole survey system is garbage. Jd power is a racket of all rackets when it comes to this.

The car industry is at the mercy of all these customer service surveys.

All the car dealers get a substantial amount of money for being above the national average for surveys.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had my Infiniti serviced the same week and just got their survey as well. One question I find interesting that is not on the survey from AoA.

Did retailer personnel pressure you to provide specific responses to questions on this survey?
Old 09-21-2013, 06:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Surveys

Volvo has been doing surveys for quite a while. The dealer I used to deal with would ask me to call him if I was going to give him anything less than perfect.

I bought a '13 S5 Cab in late March and the salesman said I will be receiving a survey and please give him "10s". The transaction went smooth, so I said that wouldn't be a problem. Since then I have received at least four surveys (the last one was just a couple of months ago). Not all of them, however, are about the S5 or Audi. One, in fact, seemed to have been paid for by BMW--probably because I traded in a BMW for the Audi. Another survey was about high end cars and my opinion of their reputation and quality.

Something I found interesting, though, I have never heard back from my salesman. In the past, the salesman would call a month or so after the sale to make sure I was enjoying the car and that everything is ok. I may be naïve, but I would think a salesman would do at least one follow up on a purchase just as a courteous gesture. Particularly when you are dealing with a premium make.

Haven't had the 5K service done, yet (in fact, it still have less the 2K on the odo!).
Old 10-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had a wonderful buying experience with a new S4.

Ironically the only thing dissatisfying about my purchase experience was the pressure the dealer put on me to give them perfect scores on a survey intended to measure my satisfaction.

My experience was great but not perfect, so I rated them accordingly.

When I mentioned to my salesperson that I had trouble getting the survey to submit (it got stuck on the submit screen), she confirmed she had received it. Fortunately she had the maturity to not hassle me for giving her a less than perfect score.

In my case my salesperson did followup with me after the sale, replied to my email asking some questions about the car, and got me a quote for a winter wheel package.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I asked my wife to give me all 10s but after 37 years of marriage, all I could get was 6s and 7s. Sigh...
Old 10-03-2013, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

They do get a Bonus for survey responses that are all "10". Also, I believe they get a graduated amount of cash per survey that are back to back all "10s". I agree they do push this but I believe dealers really have changed how these folks earn commision (Flat amounts and spiffs for certain slow moving cars is now the norm for new cars) and selling cars is not as lucrative as it once was.. This is paid directly by VW.

Quick Reply: Audi employees' obsession with surveys