Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi is losing my wife to BMW!

Old 07-10-2014, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idale
Could've sprung for the "Audi exclusive line interior", but that requires Prestige so unless you were already ticking all the boxes anyway it'd be quite the expensive package just for some contrasting stitching ($12K from a P+).

Of course in the end what matters is that she has a car that works for her and she's happy with. I think the TDI would be much better than the 28d (and the Q5 as a whole better than the X3) but obviously I'm biased, and even if it's possible to get what she wants in a Q5 it may be a lot more than you guys want to spend due to all the prerequisites. Maybe if Audi had brought the real SQ5 (twin-turbo TDI) over it wouldn't've been a problem.
I completely agree that if we could purchase the "real" SQ5 on these shores, this subject would be moot.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the X3 was a 6 cylinder diesel sure, but the 2.0L I4TD? No thanks! Buy a used Q5 TDI.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Yes, there's a Sport Pkg that gives you paddle shifters on a 3 spoke seteering wheel, seats, Drive Select and a black headliner. I think it forces you into two interior colors: black or brown
that's correct, what you said is Canadian-Version. i got s-line like that on my 2014 Q5 2.0T.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Transfer
If the X3 was a 6 cylinder diesel sure, but the 2.0L I4TD? No thanks! Buy a used Q5 TDI.
I agree, but as long as she is happy with it and paying for it herself, I can't argue with her. She's no lead foot either and doesn't care if it's 2 liters or 10 liters,lol! Let's just hope the X3 is as reliable as our Q5 and my Audi's have been. Otherwise, she is going to be very pissed. I got lucky with the BMW I had but also unloaded it before the warranty ended.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by togatown
I agree, but as long as she is happy with it and paying for it herself, I can't argue with her. She's no lead foot either and doesn't care if it's 2 liters or 10 liters,lol!
I'm sure the 28d is probably fine. It may be more "scoot" than "speed", but it's the initial off-the-line that you'll mostly be noticing rather than just how fast you can get from 0 to 60 on city streets. My wife's happy with her little 1.9L Golf from ages ago, I'm sure the X3 should be a bit faster with hopefully even more torque feel.

But in general, anyone should likely get annoyed if their car feels slow. Not so much the raw performance specs, but the "butt dyno". If the torque pushes you back, then you'll feel "fast" and should be satisfied even if your car took 30 seconds to hit 60.

Let's just hope the X3 is as reliable as our Q5 and my Audi's have been. Otherwise, she is going to be very pissed. I got lucky with the BMW I had but also unloaded it before the warranty ended.
Meh, people complain about all brands, it all comes down to the individual vehicle. Overall I'd expect the usual German situation: keep up on maintenance, may be some "quirks", but shouldn't be any major problems.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just wait for the sensors to go bad within a year it wont be just one sensor. it will all go out at the same time lol
Old 07-11-2014, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=idale;24585416]I'm sure the 28d is probably fine. It may be more "scoot" than "speed", but it's the initial off-the-line that you'll mostly be noticing rather than just how fast you can get from 0 to 60 on city streets. My wife's happy with her little 1.9L Golf from ages ago, I'm sure the X3 should be a bit faster with hopefully even more torque feel.

But in general, anyone should likely get annoyed if their car feels slow. Not so much the raw performance specs, but the "butt dyno". If the torque pushes you back, then you'll feel "fast" and should be satisfied even if your car took 30 seconds to hit 60. [QUOTE=idale;24585416]

+1, you really can't use horsepower to it's full potential most of the time, but in everyday driving, torque rules. Got to keep the ""Butt" dyno stimulated as much as possible!
Old 07-11-2014, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to try to change subject of this thread, but I'm in my second day with loner X1 - what a POS!!!!

My wife really like X5 and agreed on Q5 only because Q5 it's still look great from everything in this market right now + ability to get Q5 with European Delivery.

Last edited by TIME89; 07-11-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My wife drives an X1 xDrive28i and I agree it's not a great car. First car I've ever regretted buying due to low quality materials, massive throttle lag (not the turbo), and much worse mpg than expected.

I think the X3 is much nicer and if you don't need a fast car, get it with Msport and she'll be happy.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Transfer
My wife drives an X1 xDrive28i and I agree it's not a great car. First car I've ever regretted buying due to low quality materials, massive throttle lag (not the turbo), and much worse mpg than expected.

I think the X3 is much nicer and if you don't need a fast car, get it with Msport and she'll be happy.
Yes, the M-sport was the deciding factor given the absence of the S-line TDI Q5.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi is losing my wife to BMW!