Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Q5 2014 Tune up

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q5 2014 Tune up

I currently have a 2014 2.0 Audi Q5 and I'm looking for a way to increase horsepower. I have see. Some tune ups for past models but can't seem to find any for 2014. How do I go about getting one of these and what are some reliable companies that sell them. And how does this work with the warranty, any way of going around it and not foregoing the warranty? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

read this lol

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...11-q5-2881950/
Old 04-24-2015, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

I guess what 14Q5 was trying to say was know what you are getting into before taking the leap.

The beautiful thing is you have options (GIAC, APR, etc, use the search function. There are lots of threads on the 2.0T in Q5 or otherwise). The 2.0 has a lot of applications and the main players have extracted pretty decent gains with just a tune.

The downside is that, as with any mod, there are potential risks, and you need to be OK with them. Some don't have the stomach for any risk that might affect the warranty, others don't even make it home before the mods start. You'll get lots of opinions here, but at the end of the day, with regard to a tune, you need to know that any amount of "returning to stock", clearing the Flash program counter", etc still does not guarantee that Audi won't detect and deny warranty claims for a related failure. It's a gray area, some have had success, some not, and damn if I can find any amount of internet arguing that's clarified the issue with certainty.

So that all being said, decide if you're good, and if so, check out APR, GIAC, etc. Finding a local shop to talk to might be useful as well if you ever want to return to stock tune for dealer visits and such.

Have Fun!
Old 04-24-2015, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sugarshane13
I currently have a 2014 2.0 Audi Q5 and I'm looking for a way to increase horsepower. I have see. Some tune ups for past models but can't seem to find any for 2014. How do I go about getting one of these and what are some reliable companies that sell them. And how does this work with the warranty, any way of going around it and not foregoing the warranty? Thanks.
Should have bought the 3.0T in the first place.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSVT
...you need to know that any amount of "returning to stock", clearing the Flash program counter", etc still does not guarantee that Audi won't detect and deny warranty claims...

Absolutely correct. I was just at an Audi dealer in California two weeks ago and spoke to their Service manager. This particular Audi dealer worked very closely with a widely known tuning shop and would actually have cars tuned for customers before they even signed their sales slips. I asked him about it and he stated that they have two ways of scanning the car when you bring it in for warranty service. One way "calls home" and the other way does not. Generally whenever you bring your Audi in for warranty on an engine related issue and parts need to be replaced, AofA always requires their ECU to be scanned and compared to corporate's records. If any inconsistencies at all are found, the car is automatically flagged "TD1" and they will void warranty claims on the engine. The sales manager was really bummed about it when it was implemented as they have a major following due to being so "mod friendly". I did inquire about any VAG-COM modding to all other modules and he stated that it shouldn't affect warranty. Only ECU changes.