Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi q5 2016 paint,cleaning and care

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi q5 2016 paint,cleaning and care

Hello every one

i just bought my new Audi q5 2016 silver metallic and i have some questions if you don't mind.

1- how is the quality of the paint and does it last a long period with the same quality ?

2- how should i clean it with water only or adding soap is fine ?

3- do you recommend the nano ceramic protection ? or its not worth it

thank you all
Old 07-27-2016, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

The coatings are likely the best solution for many people....assuming the prep and application are performed by someone knowledgeable.

Welcome aboard, Majed, and congratulations on the new car!
Old 07-27-2016, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Majed Alomari
1- how is the quality of the paint and does it last a long period with the same quality ?
Audi paint is typically fairly hard and of good quality. Of course, like most automotive paints, Audi paint will last a long time with good care, and less time with poor care.

2- how should i clean it with water only or adding soap is fine ?
It's important to remember that soap isn't intended just to break up dirt/grime, but perhaps more importantly, soap is intended to provide lubricity so that as you wash, there is a slick layer to help prevent scratching. Short answer: Do not wash with water alone - use a good car shampoo or other cleaning agent (I love Optimum No-Rinse Wash & Wax for maintenance washing).

3- do you recommend the nano ceramic protection ? or its not worth it
Whether or not it's "worth it" is entirely subjective. I have my car coated with Opti-Coat Pro Plus. It provides an excellent protective layer to my paint, minimizing damage from bird bombs and making washing a breeze. It was money well-spent in my book.

Ultimately what's going to keep your paint looking great is good care/technique. More than what products you use, it's important to ensure you're caring for your paint correctly. If you have questions about that, ask away - I'm happy to help.