Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Q5 Sline 2016 - New owner help !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 08:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q5 Sline 2016 - New owner help !!

Hi just bought a new Audi Q5 Sline 2016 3.0

Now I need advice from the senior folks here
1) the car came with 21 perellis summer tires. So need to order a winter set of tires and rim. I wanted to go smaller 18 inch rims for winter . Can someone suggest tire size /make and rim size / make as I am going for after markets. The dealer Audi Natick MA wanted 4500$ for winter tire setup!!!!

2) ordered Blackvue 650 2ch . Need instructions and pics on install on a Q5. I could not find a good install set of instructions for the q5 3.0 ( or can you point me to a installer in Boston )

3) Remote start for the Q5 - the dealer strongly advices against one. But come on in NE it makes sense to get a remote start so that you don't freeze you butt in the winter.

4) I also wanted to get the mud flaps and running boards installed . Saw a lot of after market oem make on Amazon . Are these advices ? The dealer price gave me a heart attack.

5) the mmi iPhone 6 cable is too short in the glovebox any idea how it can be extended.

6) finally the clear bra for the car front bumper and full hood / fenders and mirrors any idea how much that cost .

Help is greatly appreciated.

3)
Old 04-30-2016, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Look at your options on the Tire Rack website.
2. ?????
3. Good luck with some after-market device?
4. Google is your friend....search.
5. Try "pairing" it with your MMI.
6. There must be some local tint shops that apply protective film. Contact them.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as winter setup, you want 235/60 tires with 18x8 rims. Tirerack.com will sell you a package that is guaranteed to fit.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

For #5, it would be best to go to an Apple store and get an extender. My iPod doesn't fit the cable that came in the glovebox so I had to get an adapter that would connect the two. It's old technology, but there are workarounds. I even have my Album Art displaying now thanks to the 4F0051510R Adapter Cable I bought on Amazon.

Beautiful car, BTW. Congratulations!

Last edited by dseag2; 04-30-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

1. I would go to either Tirerack.com or Discounttire.com, both should have winter setups.

3. Good luck, no real way to put remote start on the Audi's. Germans don't believe in it due to the gas it waste. Some have done it, but it requires you to sacrifice one of your fobs so you are looking at prob around $1k to get it done. It also requires hacking part of the harness from what I saw to get it to work.

6. You are looking at least at $1k+ for a clear bra on the front end, hood and fenders. I paid $250 just for the bumper for my truck with Suntek film.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

-i think dan, @audi_sq5_ has remote start. message him.
-check craigslist for cheap winter wheels
-clear bra is expensive

i can take pics of my dashcam setup or help install
Old 05-01-2016, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

had clear bra installed at the dealer for around 850 - front bumper, fenders, half hood, and mirrors. Doing it again, would have gone to an independent shop.

If you're around natick and billerica isn't too far for you, would recommend Tint King. Had my previous a4 windows tinted there about 5 yrs. ago. Tiny shop in a random office complex but did a great job for me back then - zero bubbles first time around with decent prices.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
As far as winter setup, you want 235/60 tires with 18x8 rims. Tirerack.com will sell you a package that is guaranteed to fit.
Thank You I did go on it .. But dint not find the Continental Contact Winters (AO) Audi Only version that was recommended by the dealership. Does it really matter ?

Here is what the dealership had asked me to get.

--EMAIL --
Mr. Vic ,
I looked into the winter tire package and confirmed the SQ5 19” winter tire package will fit the offset for your Audi without the use of spacers.
The package price of $4,195 includes the 7.0j X 19 Alloy wheels , mounted and balanced with 235/55R19 101H Continental Cross Contact Winter AO (Audi Only ) tires.The only additional charge would be the $60.00 to have them installed.Another idea is purchasing a set of 21” winter tires and swap them out seasonally on your present rims. We also offer storage of whatever set you are taking off for $250.00 a season if you wish.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Best ,
Old 05-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by userbbc
had clear bra installed at the dealer for around 850 - front bumper, fenders, half hood, and mirrors. Doing it again, would have gone to an independent shop.

If you're around natick and billerica isn't too far for you, would recommend Tint King. Had my previous a4 windows tinted there about 5 yrs. ago. Tiny shop in a random office complex but did a great job for me back then - zero bubbles first time around with decent prices.

The dealer in my case AUDI natick wanted 1200$ for the install which I had to skip. Never the less they still sold me tire/wheel protection for 1999$ and Starlite rasin setup for 1200$ [ guess i got played here ]. Dint know any better and should have done my homework.

UCC does custom bras for 800 as you said and clear coats your car with some sort of ceramic coat for 1200$ . Tint was going to be 90$ for front 2 glasses.So I am getting the clear bra done from them and tints. Will call Tint King Monday and ask them if they do both.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i can use those pictures.Just got the wrong camera Blackvue 550 - 2ch sent to me instead of the Blackvue650- 2ch. So it will be a week before i get the replacement . I was looking forward to installing this Next weekend.

Last edited by Akash Sinha; 05-01-2016 at 05:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Audi Q5 Sline 2016 - New owner help !!