Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi silence on 3.0TDI owner compensation?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fix won't help value much

Even if the fix does not impact performance negatively, there is going to be a large inventory of new 2016 TDIs (to say nothing of used)...all with the bad TDI karma...all while the new 2017s are showing up. Pretty straight forward supply & demand equation.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ True, there will certainly be some "bad TDI karma" generated from all of this no doubt. It might even be so bad that VW/Audi/Porsche might even stop selling TDI's in the U.S. once this mess gets cleaned up. That would be unfortunate but it would in a way make our cars more rare in the US market which could actually raise their resell value. Time will tell.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

I hope not. I've been bragging on this TDI tech for a decade.

US Auto Makers keep screwing up their lame attempts at clean diesel.

Was really looking forward to getting a diesel Canyon/Colorado pickup until they put a borrowed diesel in front of an incredibly weak tranny.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Deckardk
They'd rather spend $10 million on PR than take care of customers.

Burn in hell, Audi.

Audi Wants To Say Something, And Will Spend $10M To Do It

Be sure and share your experiences with your friends.
Well, here you go!

Not only are they not acknowledging any of the diesel issues, but they're spending 10 million on marketing the new R8. To make it even more tasteless, they decided to capitalize on David Bowie's recent death.

Could they be any more crass?

Old 02-04-2016, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great ad, great car. I don't know much about advertising production times, etc. but Bowie's demise was likely after the advertisement was produced and ready.

Looks like "Commander Tom" made it back home after all! That R8 would put a smile on my face too, and I'd probably muster an appetite.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Best Audi commercial I can remember.

Yes they need to deal with us 3.0L TDI folks. I can't believe they are only assuring us they will make everything right. Diminished value issued probably will be handled at the time you are looking to trade-in your vehicle for another fine Audi. Looking to leave Audi, tough luck.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Transporter208
^ True, there will certainly be some "bad TDI karma" generated from all of this no doubt. It might even be so bad that VW/Audi/Porsche might even stop selling TDI's in the U.S. once this mess gets cleaned up. That would be unfortunate but it would in a way make our cars more rare in the US market which could actually raise their resell value. Time will tell.
My Q5 is my first diesel. The more I drive it, the more I feel that the diesels' easy torque delivery is more suited to my kind of driving than the turbo charged gas engines offered in most cars today. After a few months with the Q5 I began to research a diesel sedan to add to the fleet. It would be disappointing to me if diesel offerings became rare or non-existent in the U.S. Especially if it is true that while diesel cars emit more NOX (real world vs test modes) they contribute far less to pollution than trucks, oil burning power plants, boats etc. and are no more harmful overall than gasoline powered cars because of better mileage.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmfstyle
My Q5 is my first diesel. The more I drive it, the more I feel that the diesels' easy torque delivery is more suited to my kind of driving than the turbo charged gas engines offered in most cars today. After a few months with the Q5 I began to research a diesel sedan to add to the fleet. It would be disappointing to me if diesel offerings became rare or non-existent in the U.S. Especially if it is true that while diesel cars emit more NOX (real world vs test modes) they contribute far less to pollution than trucks, oil burning power plants, boats etc. and are no more harmful overall than gasoline powered cars because of better mileage.
My feelings exactly, and couldn't have written it better myself!!!

Our Q5 is a much fun to drive most of the time as my (MUCH faster) S6. The torque is a such a hoot!
Old 02-06-2016, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3.0L TDI goodwill appears to be in place:

https://www.audiusa.com/about/diesel...tion/v6-diesel

Looks like the same as the 2.0L program.

Doesn't seem to be accepting my VIN though ... perhaps they're still working on things.

Last edited by CharlieG; 02-06-2016 at 04:31 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well doesn't that beat all! God damn Audi has decided to screw the Canadians yet again! We pay more for our audis but get less of a ****ty compensation than our American counterparts!

Last straw ! F...em. Will never buy Audi again! How's that for loyalty mr. Audi! Depending on performance outcome, if at all changed will get rid of the damn car!

Quick Reply: Audi silence on 3.0TDI owner compensation?