Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

audiusa.com FINALLY has high gloss black q5 on configurator

Old 09-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audiusa.com FINALLY has high gloss black q5 on configurator

i'm so happy to see audi finally updated their page to show the high gloss black package.

so gratifying...you guys have no idea how many phone calls i had to make to make sure this package was real before i finally ordered.

not to mention, how a local dealer was adamant the package didn't exist....or how many people said flat bottom steering wheel was gone for 2015...

so enjoy, b/c i know i am

i get mine in nov, pushed back from oct, so i'm still annoyed from that
Old 09-19-2014, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What is or isn't on the site is unfortunately not a good indicator of what you can order, as the site is almost always wrong in some way (missing things, incorrect requirements, etc.). And Audi does change what can be ordered throughout the model year, so previously it and the flat-bottom wheel truly didn't exist, so it's not like we were lying about it or anything.

If the high-gloss black package is now on the order guide and says it includes the flat-bottom wheel, then there you go. The final say is the factory's on what they'll do (whether the order is accepted or rejected), but the order guides are the window into what the dealer should be able to enter into the system: if the guide doesn't list the option then it'll be difficult for a dealer to try to order it. Not all dealers will necessarily receive the updated files at the same time (or at least the sales people won't necessarily have been updated on them yet), too, so sometimes you could hear about a change and your guy may not be up to date on that yet.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The configurator does appears to lock you into the walnut inlays through. I tried to select it with aluminum inlays and it forced a decision between the two. (I hate wood inlays!)
Old 09-19-2014, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered my SQ5 a few days ago. At the time the Audi website didn't have those options. I also don't think the website has the most accurate color rendering. Anyhow...I ordered the Daytona Gray Pearl with the 21" wheels. I wasn't sure about the gloss black package on that color of gray...and there's not alot of examples out there to look at. I like it on the white and silver cars...but thought maybe the contrast of the chrome on the dark gray would be better.
I would love to have opinions on this, as I can still make that change.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cobrar97
I ordered my SQ5 a few days ago. At the time the Audi website didn't have those options. I also don't think the website has the most accurate color rendering. Anyhow...I ordered the Daytona Gray Pearl with the 21" wheels. I wasn't sure about the gloss black package on that color of gray...and there's not alot of examples out there to look at. I like it on the white and silver cars...but thought maybe the contrast of the chrome on the dark gray would be better.
I would love to have opinions on this, as I can still make that change.
I have a Daytona + HGB incoming. I think it will be a great way to add a little aggressiveness. Combo looks great on other Audi vehicles.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dayt...h=1064&dpr=0.8