Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Average price paid or should pay for 2015 Audi SQ5?

Old 02-19-2015, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Average price paid or should pay for 2015 Audi SQ5?

New to the forum! Extremely interested in the Audi SQ5 and was wondering what you guys think is a fair price to pay for the SQ5? Is it worth it to wait 2-3 years for the refresh model?

Yes! I did search through the forums and people are saying they are getting an average of 5-8% off msrp but I would like to start a new thread for it to see more responses if possible.

All of them are listed for 59,000 and 61,000.

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2015, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

Not sure if the 2015 pricing has changed from 2014, but I purchased my 2014 SQ5 Technik last May. The only option that was added from the standard equipment on the Technik (CDN trim) was the TPMS. Total price paid (including taxes and everything else the dealership soaks you for (admin fees, tire tax, etc.) was just over $65K CDN. At the time it worked out to be about 5% off MSRP (there's only one Audi dealership where I live so they weren't willing to negotiate as much as I would have liked on the price). The dealer dropped $1500 off the vehicle price, added no charge Audi Care, and 50% off the price of the extended warranty for an additional two years.

Last edited by Vilhelm_SQ5; 02-19-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got 6% supplier discount plus $1,000 Audi loyalty on mine.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wish I was in that 5-6% range, but I got 3% off MSRP. Two local dealers were within $200 of each other and the next closest dealer would not drop off of msrp for an S model. Probably should of ordered somewhere else, but I'm hoping to build a relationship for future purchases with this dealer. Who knows, maybe they'll bless me with an amazing finance rate.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Vilhelm_SQ5
Welcome to the forum!

Not sure if the 2015 pricing has changed from 2014, but I purchased my 2014 SQ5 Technik last May. The only option that was added from the standard equipment on the Technik (CDN trim) was the TPMS. Total price paid (including taxes and everything else the dealership soaks you for (admin fees, tire tax, etc.) was just over $65K CDN. At the time it worked out to be about 5% off MSRP (there's only one Audi dealership where I live so they weren't willing to negotiate as much as I would have liked on the price). The dealer dropped $1500 off the vehicle price, added no charge Audi Care, and 50% off the price of the extended warranty for an additional two years.
Oh, you live in Alberta! I visited there a few times and I noticed all the cars tend to cost about 5-10k more there compared to the US so the price you got is great! Thank you so much for your kind response..
Old 02-19-2015, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by kj71109
Wish I was in that 5-6% range, but I got 3% off MSRP. Two local dealers were within $200 of each other and the next closest dealer would not drop off of msrp for an S model. Probably should of ordered somewhere else, but I'm hoping to build a relationship for future purchases with this dealer. Who knows, maybe they'll bless me with an amazing finance rate.
May I ask where are you located? The dealership was probably low on supply or had a lot of inquires.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by whoareyou
I got 6% supplier discount plus $1,000 Audi loyalty on mine.
Nice! This will be my first Audi so I won't be getting the loyalty discount..
Old 02-19-2015, 10:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I really wanted the 3.0 Q5 but there isn't much of a price difference between SQ5 and the Q5 3.0 loaded... so its a no brainer.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryG51o
May I ask where are you located? The dealership was probably low on supply or had a lot of inquires.
Middle of no where South Dakota. Fargo and Sioux Falls were the dealerships close in money. Minneapolis audi said they wouldn't move off of msrp for an S car. I didn't have anything where I could use the supplier discount like I can on ford and Volkswagen. There is still more negotiation to be had though as far as finance rate and other options.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryG51o
Oh, you live in Alberta! I visited there a few times and I noticed all the cars tend to cost about 5-10k more there compared to the US so the price you got is great! Thank you so much for your kind response..
The $5-10k premium is primarily due to the exchange on the dollar.

When I purchased my SQ5, the dealer had five or six units on the lot and the one I purchased was custom ordered but the person never took delivery on it. The sales manager said he was willing to negotiate a little on the one I bought because it was ordered with the highest trim but without several options (nav package and 21" wheels), whereas all the other units were fully loaded which is where the demand is according to the sales guy. However he wanted to rationalize it, I was happy enough with the deal to go for it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Average price paid or should pay for 2015 Audi SQ5?