Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Best Bluetooth A2DP option <$50

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Bluetooth A2DP option <$50

I just got a CPO 2012 Q5 Prestige Plus. I'm reasonably confident I've got the MMI 3G. I've got the Apple 30pin connector in the glovebox. My iPhone 6 syncs just fine for calls. My preference is an entirely wireless solution where I can stream Spotify to the car and seamlessly use telephony with the car as well (e.g. I decide to voice dial someone so I hit the steering wheel control and get going).

Is there any set of adapters that will allow me to do this? If so, are there any options <$50 that are verified to work? There are plenty of 30pin bluetooth receivers out there, so the question is more of "does anyone actually have one working with their MMI 3G right now?" and less of "theoretically what's available."

Thanks!!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bruinaudi
I just got a CPO 2012 Q5 Prestige Plus. I'm reasonably confident I've got the MMI 3G. I've got the Apple 30pin connector in the glovebox. My iPhone 6 syncs just fine for calls. My preference is an entirely wireless solution where I can stream Spotify to the car and seamlessly use telephony with the car as well (e.g. I decide to voice dial someone so I hit the steering wheel control and get going).

Is there any set of adapters that will allow me to do this? If so, are there any options <$50 that are verified to work? There are plenty of 30pin bluetooth receivers out there, so the question is more of "does anyone actually have one working with their MMI 3G right now?" and less of "theoretically what's available."

Thanks!!
From my research, this seems to be the best solution I have found... Add Bluetooth A2DP Streaming to your Audi - A2DP4AUDI - Audi Bluetooth Adapters
Old 03-02-2015, 08:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dude, AWESOME find. In all my Googleing so far I hadn't run across this site yet!

Originally Posted by ryanaudi
From my research, this seems to be the best solution I have found... Add Bluetooth A2DP Streaming to your Audi - A2DP4AUDI - Audi Bluetooth Adapters
Ok, so what I gather is "you have to customize the MMI -> Apple 30pin" for some reason. My question is, "what's the modification?"

It turns out I have a spare cable and I'm very good at modifying tiny electronics (e.g. opening up the cable and swapping some wires). I'm willing to give it a try if I can find out what I'm supposed to do.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is relevant, but doesn't quite have the complete answer: connector - Pinout of Audi 2008 A4 Quattro 3.2L MMI to iPod? - Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange
Old 03-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Let me do some research and see what I can find. I'll make you a deal. If I find the answer you hook me up with one too!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Search on, my friend!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ryanaudi
Let me do some research and see what I can find. I'll make you a deal. If I find the answer you hook me up with one too!
Check this out: Audi MMI - Music Via Bluetooth - PistonHeads
Old 03-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

More great info: Bluetooth Audio via MMI/AMI *Finally Possible* - Page 10 - A5_OC
Old 03-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting... basically "disable a few pins." So I have both an Andrioid and an iPhone. I know how to tell Android "only use this Bluetooth profile for A2DP music and use this other one over here for phone calls". Is there any way to do that? Maybe it's obvious I haven't even checked yet...
Old 03-02-2015, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting... basically "disable a few pins." So I have both an Andrioid and an iPhone. I know how to tell Android "only use this Bluetooth profile for A2DP music and use this other one over here for phone calls". Is there any way to do that? Maybe it's obvious I haven't even checked yet...
According to the info I found, there is no need to do that. The phone can simply pick up both and switch over and between with zero issues. I PMed you some additional info with a step by step.

Quick Reply: Best Bluetooth A2DP option <$50