Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Best Deal on Sirius XM Radio?

Old 07-09-2011, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Is the quality of the traffic reporting pretty good thru the in-car Nav?

I've got traffic subscriptions on a couple of my Garmins. Garmin uses two different systems, neither is very good at this point in time. It's kind of hit or miss
Old 07-09-2011, 06:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Q5 is only 9 days old so still learning. Drove Savannah to Charlotte and back this week and overall was not impressed with Sirius and/or traffic. Channels I do like, repeat songs soooo much, quality not great on spoken word channels (IMO), and traffic is obviously only good at major cities. Also, my complete subscription dropped off three times in the first 5 days! Don't think I'll even renew at $77.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by jb2510
Don't think I'll even renew at $77.
I hear ya. I was kinda borderline on renewing.

I can see the Sirius radio being of most value to people who do a lot of long distance travel and people who live in rural areas away from major cities. I have friends in Maine and they say that Sirius is worth its weight in gold cuz they can't really get much in the way of local programming.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Is the quality of the traffic reporting pretty good thru the in-car Nav?

I've got traffic subscriptions on a couple of my Garmins. Garmin uses two different systems, neither is very good at this point in time. It's kind of hit or miss
I find the traffic in the Q to be far superior to the traffic on the garmin. I am in Chicago, so the traffic reporting is pretty good here. I actually perfer the Audi Nav over the garmin, at least the model i have.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was never offered this $77.00 plan for my sirius even though I asked for their best offer. But thanks to the post below--I now have the reduced amount. Once again this forum is terrific. And the Q5 continues to impress I have to say.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently cancelled both my cars and won't be renewing. I think they're a sorry bunch and their customer service is absolutely horrible. Not worth the $$$ or my time dealing with them.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
I recently cancelled both my cars and won't be renewing. I think they're a sorry bunch and their customer service is absolutely horrible. Not worth the $$$ or my time dealing with them.
Ditto, Mine is currently running out and I have been getting calls and letters almost every other day from them. I too will be letting it run out.
In the past I have always gotten yearly subscriptions for half price.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stillgoing
Just renewed the the traffic only yesterday for $44.95 for a year. I figured after spending $3k for the nav, it wasn't worth not having the integrated traffic. Although I'll miss the 50s station, there is always my iPod.

One thing I have noticed with the traffic though, is that when it gives you an alternate route on a side street due to heavy traffic on your route, it doesn't necessarily help because they don't have traffic information for the side streets. I guess I didn't realize that if it doesn't show green or red, it is because there isn't any traffic data, so don't fall for the alternate all the time.
How did you get them to just renew the traffic part? I tried to called them about it but they just told me I have to get the audio part. Which number did you called?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

stevedusa - I just called the customer service number listed on the website. The agent wasn't familiar with how to do it cause he said he had never done just traffic before. He put me on hold, checked with someone, came back and did it.

Here is the URL for their page that describes the traffic service: http://www.siriusxm.com/siriustraffic
and the number they list is 1-800-869-5364
Old 07-11-2011, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stillgoing
stevedusa - I just called the customer service number listed on the website. The agent wasn't familiar with how to do it cause he said he had never done just traffic before. He put me on hold, checked with someone, came back and did it.

Here is the URL for their page that describes the traffic service: http://www.siriusxm.com/siriustraffic
and the number they list is 1-800-869-5364
Awesome! Thanks for the info.

I think my radio expires in a month or less. To be honest, their audio selection is, well, subpar to be honest. I guess I'll just stick with the TMC traffic only.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Deal on Sirius XM Radio?