Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Best Deal on Sirius XM Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting - makes me wonder why I haven't received anything from Sirius XM. I took delivery of my Q5 on 12/22/10, and when the "free" period ended and that's been it.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just spent over an hour on the phone with SiriusXM and 3 different customer service reps to get both the $77 deal and also traffic at $4 per month. Nobody would do it. I can only get the $77 radio package or the $4 traffic but not both. All of them said there was no way due to the one ESN number and that the combination package of audio and data is at full price. I even asked if I signed up for the traffic first and then added audio at the discount would that work and was told no. I have to give one of them the web address of the traffic page listed above. This is beyond ridiculous. Anyone have a solution for this? I ended up with the audio only but would like to have traffic too. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

One trick here. If you want to get the deal, any deal, talk to cancellation department. They're the only one that can offer anything. I got $77 total (no fees) for a year of service and traffic included.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Daveflave
Just spent over an hour on the phone with SiriusXM and 3 different customer service reps to get both the $77 deal and also traffic at $4 per month. Nobody would do it. I can only get the $77 radio package or the $4 traffic but not both.
Are you truly talking with customer service? I found that talking to billing or subscriptions is a total exercise in futility as it is all off-shored with what must be the absolute lowest cost provider for Sirius. If you really push to talk to "customer service", my experience is that all is near-shored in Nova Scotia, Canada - and that group's service and professionalism has been consistent in keeping me as a customer, despite what I perceive as questionable business practices from Sirius.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Such nice things you say about my birthplace.....
You are correct though in pushing to speak with customer service. Specifically the cancellation dept, when I finally spoke with an individual there....I got familiar cust servive and the price I wanted.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

My Sirius sub ended last year, and today received a letter from them for $25 for 6 months.

I called them up, and they said that was just for radio. So, when I pressed about radio and traffic combo, they offered me $40 for 6 months for both.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

$5 per month for six months.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just paid $49 for six months for radio and traffic combined. I didn't think that was too bad of a deal. It was also nice to have someone in the US answer the phone call, instead of a someone in a call center in another country, like I've always gotten with them in the past.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
I just paid $49 for six months for radio and traffic combined. I didn't think that was too bad of a deal.
Same here.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just called to move combine my new EIN onto my existing account and cancel the previous radio (VW Tiguan).

They did the move (or claimed to -- don't see it online yet) and then offered me 6 months for $24.99 (+ tax). With credit from old radio (about 1 2/2 months) out of pocket was only $11.

Not too bad since I thought I'd have to pay $15 just to combine the accounts (which I didn't)

Quick Reply: Best Deal on Sirius XM Radio?