Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Carista app is now available for iOS, too :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Sure, I'll drop you an email later today and send the debug once I take delivery. I just fired off another email to my dealer asking for status so hopefully it's looking good. I've got a decent drive next weekend for Easter and I'd love to be making it a vehicle that massages me on the way...
Took delivery last night and sent you the debug data this morning. Let me know if you didn't receive it.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:27 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Took delivery last night and sent you the debug data this morning. Let me know if you didn't receive it.
Yes, got it and emailed you. Thanks and enjoy the car!

So basically, the answer is: yes, Carista will work on the 2016 S6. Please post your impressions (maybe in a new thread in the C7 forum) if you decide to try it. Thanks. One thing to note: checking for fault codes will be slow (for all C7 cars, currently). Our next app update will speed it up significantly.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Carista
Sort of. The 2015 A3/S3 is only supported for advanced diagnostics, no customizations at this point. But we're actively working on adding customizations for it and they'll be available in a beta shortly (probably next week). In fact, you can help us by testing them and/or sending us debug data from your car. Please email us at support@caristaapp.com if you're interested. Thanks.
I'll do it tonight.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 81Coupe
4. European brake light and rear turn signal pattern
Do not have VAG-COM codes. Please see this whole thread for a detailed discussion.
#4: didn't know about that one, will research it.
Thanks to other forum members, here is the coding that is needed:
Post facelift European Spec Tail Lights Coding for Q5 & Part Numbers
Different look for your Tail Lights

In short, the Europe/Rest of World taillights have separate amber turn signals and red brake lights. The US version lights up both sections together, for both signal and brake functions; they also make the turn signal red. To get the amber signal, taillight assemblies need to be replaced. But AFAIK, the programming is the same, hence the lights can be made to follow the EU/ROW pattern by changing settings alone. (Here is where Carista comes in.)

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:27 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 81Coupe
Thanks to other forum members, here is the coding that is needed:
Post facelift European Spec Tail Lights Coding for Q5 & Part Numbers
Different look for your Tail Lights

In short, the Europe/Rest of World taillights have separate amber turn signals and red brake lights. The US version lights up both sections together, for both signal and brake functions; they also make the turn signal red. To get the amber signal, taillight assemblies need to be replaced. But AFAIK, the programming is the same, hence the lights can be made to follow the EU/ROW pattern by changing settings alone. (Here is where Carista comes in.)

Thanks!
Thank you! We'll set this up and it should be available in one of our upcoming betas. Btw, your location says "between Vancouver and Vancouver"... does that mean Seattle? I was just there last week, we could have tested on-site. Oh well.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's coming up, pending approval from our lawyer.
DSR on/off in the latest version?
Old 06-07-2015, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Carista app is now available for iOS, too :)

Got mine yesterday. Wondering if it safe to keep device attached to the port all the time?
Old 06-07-2015, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Btw, your location says "between Vancouver and Vancouver"... does that mean Seattle? I was just there last week, we could have tested on-site. Oh well.
Thank you!

Yes, the Eastside of Seattle. Sorry I missed you!
Old 06-07-2015, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanD.
Got mine yesterday. Wondering if it safe to keep device attached to the port all the time?
Some of them tend to heat up, so just make sure yours isn't.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DanD.
Originally Posted by jbbarrette
Some of them tend to heat up, so just make sure yours isn't.
The Carista device doesn't heat up (it has a low-power sleep mode), but we still don't recommend leaving it plugged into the car when you're not using it because you're potentially exposing your OBD port wirelessly to anyone walking by your car. Now, when the car is off, most of its computers are off too, so I don't know of any exploits of this that could do any harm to your car, but still, my recommendation is to plug in the device when you need it and unplug it when you're done and keep it in your glove box. As you know, it's really easy to plug and unplug - most Audis don't even have a cover on the OBD port.

Quick Reply: Carista app is now available for iOS, too :)