Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't think anything you can do will kill a warranty. Worse case scenario is the dealer will reset your options.
I'm just waiting for the iPhone version then I'll be grabbing it!

Last edited by jbbarrette; 01-05-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spijun
What is your problem ??????????????

Please do not read my comments
Maybe you could be a little more clear. As stated, your response did not make much sense to most of us. Maybe you could provide a direct link to the post you are referring to?

Thanks.

I'm not trying to argumentative. But if more than one member has a problem determining what you meant, then there is probably room for improvement for the benefit of all of us.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
Maybe you could be a little more clear. As stated, your response did not make much sense to most of us. Maybe you could provide a direct link to the post you are referring to?

Thanks.

I'm not trying to argumentative. But if more than one member has a problem determining what you meant, then there is probably room for improvement for the benefit of all of us.
Simply it is impossible. FYI access to ECU is impossible
Old 01-05-2015, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am happy to report that after a few attempts, and some good, albeit not timely support from Carista, as well as other Forum members, I now have ability to open and close my windows via the remote.
Turns out that I had to check "yes" to all the selections in the windows section.
Thanks Guys!

Originally Posted by USAVAGEU
*Ordered the upgrade to enable windows opening with remote
*Established communications with OBD adapter and Carista examined options available for my 2015 Audi SQ5
*Checked "yes" for enable windows opening and closing, and open window using remote, and they were saved
*Still nothing in MMI Central Locking about windows....???
Old 01-05-2015, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by USAVAGEU
I am happy to report that after a few attempts, and some good, albeit not timely support from Carista, as well as other Forum members, I now have ability to open and close my windows via the remote.
Turns out that I had to check "yes" to all the selections in the windows section.
Thanks Guys!
Told ya!
Old 01-05-2015, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

I was also puzzled by the lack of remote window control, but in the base MMI system, after Carista has enabled this (and perhaps the car is restarted) a NEW MENU OPTION is added. You have to scroll down because it will be AFTER the first screen full of options. I think it was something like "Convenience" and it gave choices for opening and closing the windows and sunroof, including the choice of opening the sunroof or just tilting it open.

It isn't obvious at all, but in the car setup menus, there will be a new choice added.

If my dealer had had any brains, I'd have paid him to enable this but no, "Audi vill not let us do this! Nein!"

Thank you, Carista. Incorporate in Moldavia or Tahiti or something, label the software "For Adult Use Only" and let someone else argue about liability. Anything that weighs two tons and moves at a hundred miles an hour, probably needs adult supervision anyway.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Was that you who suggested I set all window options to yes, Andrios?
You hit the nail on the head!
Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by andrios
Told ya!
Old 01-11-2015, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Does anyone know where in the MMI the option for winnows open and close shows up after the upgrade? Don’t see it but may be overlooking it.
Thanks for help
Old 01-11-2015, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nomi3000
Does anyone know where in the MMI the option for winnows open and close shows up after the upgrade? Don’t see it but may be overlooking it.
Thanks for help
Posted earlier in this thread:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-.../#post24630006
Old 01-11-2015, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrios

Is that screen with the app or that's the oem settings?

Quick Reply: Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!