Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nate704
Thank you for your quick reply.
Is your group buy still going on? or expired?
Still going strong! Link is still valid.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
Just to confirm: you've enabled the hidden menu through Carista and then restarted the MMI, right? And you have an MMI with navigation?
If all of those are a "yes", then you should be able to bring up the hidden menu by pressing and holding "CAR", then while still holding "CAR", also pressing and holding "SETUP", and holding them together for at least 5 sec, maybe more. I remember it seeming unusually long when I did it. Note that the order in which you press those buttons matters.

Seems like we're having issues with the auto gear display (i.e. it's not showing up as an option at all). We're working on it.

Btw, has anyone tried the auto-folding mirrors yet? Did it work? We have 3 separate settings for them and I want to know whether they're all necessary in order to get this to work. My suspicion is that the latter 2 are already on for people who have power-folding mirrors to begin with:
1. "Fold/unfold mirrors via long-press on remote (req. power folding mirrors)"
2. "Fold/unfold driver-side mirror via long-press on remote (req. power folding mirrors)"
3. "Fold/unfold passenger-side mirror via long-press on remote (req. power folding mirrors)"

And also, they shouldn't actually require long press... they should just fold when you lock the car from the remote (single click) or hold your finger on the door handle for a few seconds (w/ smart key).
Is the folding mirrors and gear display only on the beta? Can I get added to the beta please? I can't find any of his in the app for my 2016 Q5. Rogroc325@yahoo.com
Thanks
Old 10-10-2015, 01:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I noticed my parking aid settings option disappeared. My Q5 is all stock except for carista mods: interior light, wink off, seatbelt chime disable, remote window control, needle sweep. Anyone else facing the same problem?
Old 10-10-2015, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like we're having issues with the auto gear display (i.e. it's not showing up as an option at all). We're working on it.
It works now. Thank you very much!
Old 10-11-2015, 01:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jedinyte120
Is the folding mirrors and gear display only on the beta? Can I get added to the beta please? I can't find any of his in the app for my 2016 Q5. Rogroc325@yahoo.com
Thanks
Yes, those options are only in the beta. Are you on Android or iOS? For Android, you can just get the beta from here: Beta-Testing | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization For iOS, pls reply and I'll add you.
Originally Posted by phuiiii
I noticed my parking aid settings option disappeared. My Q5 is all stock except for carista mods: interior light, wink off, seatbelt chime disable, remote window control, needle sweep. Anyone else facing the same problem?
Do you mean that it disappeared from Carista or that it disappeared from your MMI? If it's from Carista, try going into CUSTOMIZE again and if those options are still missing, open the slide-out menu from the left and use "Report a problem". Sometimes certain OBD adapters have intermittent connection issues and fail to connect to certain ECUs in the car (in this case, possibly the parking aid ECU).
Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
It works now. Thank you very much!
Cool! Glad to hear.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, those options are only in the beta. Are you on Android or iOS? For Android, you can just get the beta from here: Beta-Testing | Carista OBD2 - Vehicle Diagnostics and Customization For iOS, pls reply and I'll add you.

Do you mean that it disappeared from Carista or that it disappeared from your MMI? If it's from Carista, try going into CUSTOMIZE again and if those options are still missing, open the slide-out menu from the left and use "Report a problem". Sometimes certain OBD adapters have intermittent connection issues and fail to connect to certain ECUs in the car (in this case, possibly the parking aid ECU).

Cool! Glad to hear.
I'm running iOS. Rogroc325@yahoo.com Thanks
Old 10-11-2015, 03:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Tpms

Is there a way to make the MID or MMI show the actual Tire pressure from the TPMS?
Old 10-11-2015, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Is there a way to make the MID or MMI show the actual Tire pressure from the TPMS?
Only a couple of Audi models are capable of displaying individual PSIs, i.e. the A8/S8. Mods are not needed for those models.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not on the Q5 since the Q5 (and many other Audis) don't have physical TPMS sensors.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No, it disappeared from my MMI parking aid screen. I tried the MMI hard reset and it didn't do anything. Settings is suppose to be in the indicated red circled area.

Quick Reply: Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!