Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Deposit down! 2015 SQ5

Old 05-01-2014, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jealous of these SQ5 orders! But we're excited to have ordered my wife's '15 Q5 2.0T last weekend...
Old 05-01-2014, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acadapter
I was told that the HGB package might very well be late availability and could delay the building process up to 3 months. So I don't think the dealer is getting over on you. This is why I'm considering just going with a 2014 with 7% off including my ACNA 6%.

I know I sound like a noob, but what is the HGB package?
And what is the major difference between the MY14 vs. MY15?
Body styling, additional features?

This is what I was thinking of doing the same thing, the 6% & additional % for the MY14

Thanks y'all
Old 05-01-2014, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Hiten Patel
I know I sound like a noob, but what is the HGB package?
And what is the major difference between the MY14 vs. MY15?
Body styling, additional features?

This is what I was thinking of doing the same thing, the 6% & additional % for the MY14

Thanks y'all
HGB is HIGH GLOSS BLACK PACKAGE.

That is really the only difference between MY14 vs MY15.

Side assist is also included in the MMI package.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by andrios
HGB is HIGH GLOSS BLACK PACKAGE.

That is really the only difference between MY14 vs MY15.

Side assist is also included in the MMI package.
You can also get the Lux Package included ventilated seats in the PP for MY15 as well
Old 06-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm new to the forum but thought I might have some info that would be of interest. I placed an order for a 2015 SQ5 on April 24th through my very knowledgeable local dealer for European delivery (pick up in Ingolstadt). I received confirmation from Audi on May 1st for my delivery/pickup date of July 23rd. As of this moment, pricing has still not been released but my dealer has agreed to only pass along whatever their costs are if the 2015 model goes up (which surely it will do). BTW, the Blackout Package or the various Individual Options would delay delivery for months. That being the case, I went ahead and ordered the 2015 Model SQ5 3.0T Quattro Tiptronic (8RB5CA), Panther Black Crystal Effect paint (H8H8), the Prestige package (WPT), Rear Side Airbags (4X4), Carbon Atlas inlays (5MK), the 21" wheels (PQ8), the Lunar Silver/Black interior (XO), Fine Nappa Seat package (WTP), Supercharged badges (SQS), and Audi Guard Wheel Locks (WL4). I've done European delivery before with BMW (2013 and 2014 Alpina B7s) and look forward to the Audi experience. I highly recommend doing a European delivery experience (available with Mercedes, BMW, and Audi) if you possibly can. FYI, Audi gives you an additional 5% off of MSRP plus one night free hotel and meals, plus insurance, etc. My wife and I will drive the car for almost a month before dropping it off in Madrid on August 20th for shipment back to the states right to our local dealer. Nothing like driving your own car in Europe. Over my last two trips, I put a total of almost 5,000 miles on my two cars. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France. And, oh yes, the Autobahns (ran my 2013 Rear Wheel Drive B7 up to its max of 194MPH!!). This trip we'll go to Monte Carlo and Nice for a few days before going on to Spain. I'm very fortunate to have a friend in Spain who owns a 16th century castle which he has graciously offered to us for a week. A real dream come true. It is located an hour north of Barcelona and overlooks the Mediterranean. Beautiful grounds, swimming pool. Ahhh! We will also go to the Galicia area of Spain to spend a week with another friend, travel through Portugal, then back to Madrid. If anyone has an interest, I can post pictures of my new SQ5 when I pick it up. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the forum.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CarDave
I'm new to the forum but thought I might have some info that would be of interest. I placed an order for a 2015 SQ5 on April 24th through my very knowledgeable local dealer for European delivery (pick up in Ingolstadt). I received confirmation from Audi on May 1st for my delivery/pickup date of July 23rd. As of this moment, pricing has still not been released but my dealer has agreed to only pass along whatever their costs are if the 2015 model goes up (which surely it will do). BTW, the Blackout Package or the various Individual Options would delay delivery for months. That being the case, I went ahead and ordered the 2015 Model SQ5 3.0T Quattro Tiptronic (8RB5CA), Panther Black Crystal Effect paint (H8H8), the Prestige package (WPT), Rear Side Airbags (4X4), Carbon Atlas inlays (5MK), the 21" wheels (PQ8), the Lunar Silver/Black interior (XO), Fine Nappa Seat package (WTP), Supercharged badges (SQS), and Audi Guard Wheel Locks (WL4). I've done European delivery before with BMW (2013 and 2014 Alpina B7s) and look forward to the Audi experience. I highly recommend doing a European delivery experience (available with Mercedes, BMW, and Audi) if you possibly can. FYI, Audi gives you an additional 5% off of MSRP plus one night free hotel and meals, plus insurance, etc. My wife and I will drive the car for almost a month before dropping it off in Madrid on August 20th for shipment back to the states right to our local dealer. Nothing like driving your own car in Europe. Over my last two trips, I put a total of almost 5,000 miles on my two cars. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France. And, oh yes, the Autobahns (ran my 2013 Rear Wheel Drive B7 up to its max of 194MPH!!). This trip we'll go to Monte Carlo and Nice for a few days before going on to Spain. I'm very fortunate to have a friend in Spain who owns a 16th century castle which he has graciously offered to us for a week. A real dream come true. It is located an hour north of Barcelona and overlooks the Mediterranean. Beautiful grounds, swimming pool. Ahhh! We will also go to the Galicia area of Spain to spend a week with another friend, travel through Portugal, then back to Madrid. If anyone has an interest, I can post pictures of my new SQ5 when I pick it up. Thanks for allowing me to be part of the forum.

Hey Dave, you might also want to post this in the European Delivery Section. It's on the main forum page beneath the specific model threads. They'd be very interested in your trip and might have some helpful suggestions for you. I was considering ED on my new A6, but ultimately settled for a conventional delivery. If you go, have a blast.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

The dealers in my area say they have the 2015 options guide and they have no indication that the black gloss package is going to be available in the U.S. One of them even told me they know the factory option code (4ZD) but it's not available for them to order.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by shark115
The dealers in my area say they have the 2015 options guide and they have no indication that the black gloss package is going to be available in the U.S. One of them even told me they know the factory option code (4ZD) but it's not available for them to order.
i believe the code might be PPS. this is straight from AoA per my dealer:

"There will be a high-gloss black package – ETA week 36, so it’s a ways out there. There is no PPS –black optic for 3.0T."

ive kept my order with the dealer for now... week 36 is 1st week of september.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Dave, thanks, I do see the PPS code for the A6/S6 and A7/S7, but not for the Q5/SQ5 (at least not yet). Guess it could be that the dealers are fully aware that it's coming, but simply don't want to wait for September to sell me one :-)
Old 06-03-2014, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by shark115
Is best that contact the AoA and ask for explanations

Ask your dealer what is this:

Name:  ScreenShot540_zpsdf0e41e7.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  178.3 KB

Product information book Q5 / SQ5
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/96605457/file.html

Last edited by spijun; 06-03-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deposit down! 2015 SQ5