Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Care discount

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Care discount

Anyone have successfully negociated an audi care discount? I see that the price of $820 for the Q5 is a suggested (msrp) but its not open for negotiations....

Your thoughts,
Old 12-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I was negotiating on our 2014 Q5 I got them to throw it in for free.

And our list price on that was only $750.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You usually have a lot more leverage on price when negotiating for the vehicle. More like, to close the deal.

If you already have the vehicle, you're pretty much stuck paying MSRP for it.

I would wait until you actually need to use it at probably 15K, the price might go up slightly but lots can happen between now and 15K. Should you have an issue with the vehicle and need AOA to assist. They could offer you AC as a customer service freebie.

I got it for my S5, for a prior water pump issue with the wife's Q.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

This comes up every now and then. Audi Care dealer profit margin is very thin as the cost is not much less than retail price. If a dealer includes it "free", it's really another dealer discount on the purchase of the car equal to the cost of the AC. In other words, if a dealer throws in an $820 AC at no charge, theoretically, you could have received almost the same additional amount off the negotiated price if you didn't get it.
Unfortunately, there ain't nothing free here.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Agree... I was hoping for a 10% black friday week discount..
Old 12-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
This comes up every now and then. Audi Care dealer profit margin is very thin as the cost is not much less than retail price. If a dealer includes it "free", it's really another dealer discount on the purchase of the car equal to the cost of the AC. In other words, if a dealer throws in an $820 AC at no charge, theoretically, you could have received almost the same additional amount off the negotiated price if you didn't get it.
Unfortunately, there ain't nothing free here.
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

You may want to check your local VW dealer for service specials. Ours in Colorado Springs is running a $50 oil and filter change special on *any* VW or Audi. They said they know they'll lose money on many vehicles like a Touareg TDI or Q5/Q7 TDI, but they're using it as a way to drum up business. Doesn't cover our TDI's need for properly doing Adblue fills and fuel filter changes, but it's a start...
Old 12-03-2013, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brutus23079
You may want to check your local VW dealer for service specials. Ours in Colorado Springs is running a $50 oil and filter change special on *any* VW or Audi. They said they know they'll lose money on many vehicles like a Touareg TDI or Q5/Q7 TDI, but they're using it as a way to drum up business. Doesn't cover our TDI's need for properly doing Adblue fills and fuel filter changes, but it's a start...
Really??!!?! Bob Penkhus?? I have Audi care on my SQ5 but it is nice knowing we have other outlets. I hate Phil long. I always take my Audi's back to prestige in Denver
Old 12-04-2013, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Got it for 633$ Canadian. dealer cost.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I got it for half price when I bought my Q5.

Quick Reply: Audi Care discount