Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Does the SQ5 have a filler license plate piece?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the SQ5 have a filler license plate piece?

We just bought an sq5 for my wife--(2014)-- She's originally from Russia and wanted to put her euro plate on there. I can't seem tell if the front grills on these have the same pop-out pieces that my car has, or if it's removable at all. It looks like q5's have the option, but audi's part page doesn't have 2013/2014 sq5's on it...

any help appreciated!
Old 09-22-2014, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Here:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-.../#post24492664

8R0-807-285-Q model 6W1
- 1RR platinum grey
- 3FZ black
Old 09-22-2014, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

ya, that's for the the non 's' models, I'll ask the dealer. I just want to make sure there's something else that allows for proper fitting of a europlate without screwing **** in.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jayhawk785
ya, that's for the the non 's' models, I'll ask the dealer. I just want to make sure there's something else that allows for proper fitting of a europlate without screwing **** in.
Non 's' models for SQ ?????????????? It not exist

Good luck

Just for SQ5:Model 2K3, 2K4 For Q5 S-line : 2K7, 2K8

Last edited by spijun; 09-23-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What??? There are no S-models/S-lines in Europe??? I know there are.
They don't allow front license plates??? I know they do.
Therefore, they must exist! Don't get discouraged Jayhawk.
Try JCSportLine.net. They don't list the plate mount alone, but I'm sure they'll sell you one.

Last edited by SQive; 09-22-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

S-lines / without S-lines in Europe there are but there is no for SQ5

SQ5 not exist without S-line, anywhere in the world and not just in Europe . SQ5 is worldwide the same model

If you find SQ5 non S-line let us know , a unique model in the world

The front grille and license plate are the same on the standard Q5 and S-line model MY2013-2015

Last edited by spijun; 09-22-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spijun
Non 's' models for SQ ?????????????? It not exist

Good luck

Just for SQ5:Model 2K3, 2K4 For Q5 S-line : 2K7, 2K8

I understand that there is not an S-line SQ5. Perhaps I didn't word it well.

No wonder the q5 forum doesn't have that much activity... you guys make someone feel about as welcome as AIDs patient donating blood.

What I said was... it looks like the only thing they make filler plates for, is the q5 (non-sline... i.e. not sq5). The picture you show above makes it look like the only thing available for the sq5 is an actual attachment (by whatever means, screws, etc) to the existing grill. Other Audi's I've owned, it has the filler plate, and for states or countries requiring front plates, it has an option to remove the filler plate and put that front plate adapter piece in.

Either way--this sortof confirmed what I had found--as the 'black optic' type grill they have at ECS tuning looks like it had holes in it for a front plate mount.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jayhawk785
I understand that there is not an S-line SQ5. Perhaps I didn't word it well.

No wonder the q5 forum doesn't have that much activity... you guys make someone feel about as welcome as AIDs patient donating blood.

What I said was... it looks like the only thing they make filler plates for, is the q5 (non-sline... i.e. not sq5). The picture you show above makes it look like the only thing available for the sq5 is an actual attachment (by whatever means, screws, etc) to the existing grill. Other Audi's I've owned, it has the filler plate, and for states or countries requiring front plates, it has an option to remove the filler plate and put that front plate adapter piece in.

Either way--this sortof confirmed what I had found--as the 'black optic' type grill they have at ECS tuning looks like it had holes in it for a front plate mount.
Every SQ5 is S-line special design

You are looking for something that does not exist. SQ5 is a special model, and I answered you what Audi has to offer for SQ5 - filler license plate only for SQ5.
If you do not like the Audi solution, it is your problem

FOR Q5 (S-line, standard )

FOR SQ5

Non S-line

S-line

SQ5:

There is only one solution for you to buy a new front grille for the EU market

I tried to help but you were not satisfied with the answer, because you are looking something which does not exist
Good luck

Last edited by spijun; 09-23-2014 at 06:02 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spijun
There is only one solution for you to buy a new front grille for the EU market

Do you have the part number for the new grill? I assume 1 is the only part needed and Euro license plate will mount up? Rear should just need the Euro bracket correct? Should be taking mine over to Germany this spring and just need to know what parts to get from the dealer once I get it over.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

You're killing me man. Never once did I say I didn't like your response--I just don't think you understood what I was asking. I also get chastised for suggesting there's an s-line sq5 (which I never said) --then you come back and say "Every SQ5 is S-line special design"... whatever... lets chalk it up to language barrier.

this makes it look like the piece attaches to the original grill...then in a subsequent post you tell me it's an entirely different grill and requires a grill-swap.

Looks like its possible to get just the piece that attaches to the existing sq5 grill (as is in one of your parts diagrams).

I have an email to my service guy to check on the part/or what can be done. I'll post back when I get a definitive answer as to what's available for US customers through Audi.

Quick Reply: Does the SQ5 have a filler license plate piece?