Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - December 12th - 19th 2014

Old 12-02-2014, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - December 12th - 19th 2014

I am making plans to be back up in San Francisco / Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installations again between the dates of December 12th - 19th.

As a side note, I have had requests to do trips to other locations as well (IE east coast, etc). So if you are not local to me and would like to see if I am able to travel out to your state, PM or e-mail me and I’ll put you on my contact list for if I do make it out there and for me to also be able to gauge interest.

Here are links to some of my vinyl wrapping tours up to norcal:
1 - Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - December 16th - 21st 2013 - E46Fanatics
2 - Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - August 2012 - E46Fanatics
3 - Don Nguyen | Norcal Vinyl Wrapping Trip - Taking Appointments for July 2012 - E46Fanatics

Just a reminder. E-mail (donathon@gmail.com) me to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. I may have an available time slot one minute and it may be taken the next (this has happened before), so the sooner you can figure out your availability and confirm it with me the better. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

For me to process each inquiry as quickly and smoothly as possible, please use the following format below:

Subject title: Norcal December 2014 Trip
Type of car:
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:

Here are links to pictures the cars that I have worked on and examples of my vinyl work, which I have separated into groups to more easily sort through and view them. My work is not limited to only what's seen/shown below, so feel free to ask if there is something you don't see but are interested in getting done.

Gloss / matte black roof wraps
3M Di - Noc / 1080 carbon fiber roof wraps
Blacked out chrome window trim
Smoked / tinted tail light pictures

Days that I have available at the moment (I will try to keep this as up to date as possible with how many openings I still have available):

Friday - December 12
Saturday - December 13
Sunday - December 14
Monday - December 15
Tuesday - December 16
Wednesday - December 17
Thursday - December 18
Friday - December 19

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor

I have confirmed the shop location that I will be doing all of the vinyl installations for this trip up there. It is going to be at my friend’s detailing shop.

And for those who want to see how far away the location from them is, the address is:
765 Mabury rd
San Jose, ca 95133

Also, his website address is sitelerwash.com/DetailShop, for those who want need any detailing work done. Feel free to contact him and let him know that you got his contact info from Don and he’ll be able to help you out.

The owner of this black Audi A7 quattro had me do quite a bit of work for his car. He had me black out his chrome window trim with my gloss black vinyl and also plasti dip his wheels, front grill, and rear badges in matte black. Just changing those few items completely changed the look of the car. It gave the car a more aggressive look and stance. By getting rid of all of the chrome on the car at the same time, it really made everything flow together quite well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor

It is not uncommon to have customers bring me by cars that have had clear coat or paint damage on them, for me to cover up with my vinyl materials. I have also wrapped over chrome window trim pieces that have oxidized from being out in the sun and exposed weather all the time as well.

The owner of this silver Nissan 350z was having clear coat failure/issues on his roof and wanted a fix that would cover up the ugly oxidizing paint and to also prevent it from spreading further. He had me vinyl wrap his roof with my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to giving the car a new look, it also is going to end up helping protect his roof from further sun damage, especially since this car is parked outside all of the time. It is a good quick and cheaper solution than having the roof repainted. Can be done within a hour, versus dropping your car off at a body shop for a few days to a week to get it painted.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Former Vendor

Typically people have me lightly tint/smoke their tail lights with my film, but the owner of this white Audi A4 sedan had me light smoke/tint his head lights instead. The tint is actually fairly light, so it doesn't affect the light output from the head lights onto the road by any significant amount. I've done this for several cars in the past, and most owners have reported to me that the light output was fairly the same or any light output difference was fairly insignificant from their perspective in the car. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. In addition, having the film on the headlights will protect it from rock chips and also fading/hazing that typically happens to head lights over time.

Before:

Passenger left side - stock :: Driver/right side - Tinted/smoked

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor

This black Audi A4 B8 came by to have me black out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim that came with his car. The owner of this car was also around in Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. In the before pictures, you can see my X5 in the background with black window trim, so that may also kind of give you an idea of how chrome and non chrome window trim looks like side by side on black cars. For this car, we went with my gloss black vinyl material over the matte black material and I think it turned out fairly nice. The car had a metallic finish to it, so the gloss black still stood out against it even though it was gloss black as well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-13-2014, 08:21 AM
Former Vendor

I still do have some various spots available throughout the week, however, my weekend appointments are fully booked right now.

My scheduling for this trip is a little bit trickier, due to the weather, however, I'll still be able to figure something out for those who are interested in getting some work done.

Also, for this trip, I have made some accommodations for those who can't drive their car out to me. So even if you don't think you have time to bring the car out to me, let me know anyways and maybe we'll be able to work something out.

Thanks.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-17-2014, 07:19 AM
Former Vendor

I have had a couple of people tell me that they aren't able to make it out during the weekdays and have been asking if I could do this Saturday, Dec 20th. If I can get enough interested people in getting some work done on Saturday Dec 20th, I can extend my stay a day to accommodate for those cars who are interested. Let me know.

For this white Audi A6 sedan, I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black vinyl material and also lightly smoked/tinted the tail lights of his car. I liked the way this turned out, because the changes with the gloss black roof and lightly tinted tails really gave the car a different look without making it look too modified. If you didn’t know or didn’t look very closely, most would probably have thought it came from the factory like this. The owner of this car brought his car out to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com