Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Driver floor mat not long enough for women's heels...

Old 01-26-2015, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver floor mat not long enough for women's heels...

So my wife somehow manages to wedge her shoe so that the heel is under the accelerator and digs in just beyond the floor mat. Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution? It's wearing a hole in the damn carpet!
Old 01-26-2015, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

A Weathertek winter mat or different shoes?

I do appreciate that telling women to wear different shoes is a dangerous game.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timlocke
A Weathertek winter mat or different shoes?

I do appreciate that telling women to wear different shoes is a dangerous game.
Echo that on both counts -- but a good pair of driving-oriented shoes would not only prevent the wear 'n' tear, but also improve the wife's driving abilities.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

^this, I don't know a woman who wouldn't appreciate a new pair of shoes. Get her something with a flat bottom that is easy to slip on to make changes back to the heels a quick affair. My wife wears heals to work but usually wears a different pair of shoes to drive in then switches to the heels in the parking lot.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by whoareyou
^this, I don't know a woman who wouldn't appreciate a new pair of shoes. Get her something with a flat bottom that is easy to slip on to make changes back to the heels a quick affair. My wife wears heals to work but usually wears a different pair of shoes to drive in then switches to the heels in the parking lot.
My wife does exactly the same. She hates driving in heels and recognises that it just isnt the safest thing to do!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Women can drive with all kind of shoes, even flipflops or bearfoot, but when you have an Audi Q5 or SQ5 you either have to be fancy and wear high heels, or sporty in some nice sneakers with a trendy sport outfit, if you offer her sporty flats, don't forget to pair them with a nice lululemon or nike athletic coordinates and matching sportbag
Old 01-27-2015, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lilya
Women can drive with all kind of shoes, even flipflops or bearfoot, but when you have an Audi Q5 or SQ5 you either have to be fancy and wear high heels, or sporty in some nice sneakers with a trendy sport outfit, if you offer her sporty flats, don't forget to pair them with a nice lululemon or nike athletic coordinates and matching sportbag
I'm guessing you are female? :-)
Old 01-27-2015, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Please don't lump us all in this statement. Driving in flipflops is dangerous. I'd much rather drive barefoot. I have a pair of slip-on sketchers that I use for driving and switch to my nice shoes when I get to my destination. 3" heels and platform wedges are not meant for spirited driving. This also keeps the back of my right shoes from getting scuffed up.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Women can drive with all kind of shoes, even flipflops or bearfoot
I think driving with a bear's foot would be even worse than driving in high heels! ;-)
Old 01-27-2015, 04:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dalancroft
I think driving with a bear's foot would be even worse than driving in high heels! ;-)
Agree, if you have ticklish feet , by the way when I posted the replay I was just joking, everyone has his own driving preferences, I like driving with flats , sandales and fitted flipflops, but I don't feel confortable driving with shoes that have rigid soles like wedges or some winter boots.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driver floor mat not long enough for women's heels...