Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Dynavin DVN-A5 Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 10:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got it installed yesterday by a professional. Very pleased, so far. Except, that when the volume is at zero or the unit is off l can hear a hiss, its also apparent during tracks or when the radio switches between songs etc. l got hold of Dynavin and the mentioned 'red wire which has to be connected to the accessory live and the black to earth'. lm sure the installer can sort this out, but hes over an hour away. One other thing thats noticed is that the unit doesnt sit flush with the rest of the dash down the sides at the bottom, although the installer said he heard all locks connect. lm going to pull it out and see if theres something thats blocking it and making it stick out, regardless of full connector lock or not l think it will still distort the fitting.

edit:the unit is now fitting . The guides on the unit where not mating correctly and pushing the bottom out.

Last edited by dc240969; 05-19-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update on this. The unit was hissing on no or low volume. After investigation it was the noise suppressors causing it. However, since l took the suppressors out l have the blue Amp con going nowhere. Any ideas where it should be going?
Old 06-23-2016, 12:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

seems like a good on-going thread....

one thing I have been trying to figure out is, on my 2013 Q5 without nav, the climate settings (fan direction, vent, feet, etc) show up on the factory display to change the settings. do they show up on one of these units to adjust?

anyone have a picture showing this?
Old 06-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

No pictures of it but it will work exactly like OEM. The Dynavin unit goes in-line with the factory harness, so everything that is normally displayed on OEM monitor will still show up on the new screen. Think of it as toggling between the Audi OEM interfaces and the Dynavin interfaces...you either see one or the other.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

great....thanks.

does the Dynavin include a backup camera?

i think the only way I can convince the wife is if it has this.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not included but has all the inputs for it. I bought this one that should replace the hatch handle with the camera.

Car Parking Backup Rear View Reverse Camera for Audi Q5 A4 A5 | eBay
Old 06-24-2016, 02:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks hyboost.....

Anothr question, if you dont mind....

The AMI Aux cable, is that definately needed? I see one that says the Dynavin was pre-wired, but it appears you needed it.

How do I find this past, I would like to pre-order it and have it, if needed for when I purchase the Dynavin.

"Make sure you have an AMI Aux cable from Audi and it's plugged in"
Old 06-24-2016, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jjump
Thanks hyboost.....

Anothr question, if you dont mind....

The AMI Aux cable, is that definately needed? I see one that says the Dynavin was pre-wired, but it appears you needed it.

How do I find this past, I would like to pre-order it and have it, if needed for when I purchase the Dynavin.

"Make sure you have an AMI Aux cable from Audi and it's plugged in"
It is prewired but the way it's plugged into the OEM harness in-line, it uses the Aux for audio. So you need to be able to switch from FM to Aux on the dash when you want to be able to hear anything coming out of the Dynavin. And the trick is that the Aux switch won't be activated until you physically plug in an AMI aux cable. The thing to keep in mind is that you don't actually plug anything into this aux connection, it's just there to trigger the Aux option in the Audi menu. Let me know if that makes sense....
Old 06-24-2016, 05:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

OK, I see on the cable is basically a dummy cable going no where, but plugged into the AMI.

Is there a part number for this?

Also, and again sorry and thanks for all the answers to my questions.

Since my Audi has Sirius/XM, which we use, will the navigation for the Dynavin still work/stay on the screen, if we want to listen to Sirius/XM from the OEM side?

Im thinking not from what I read, the Dynavin itself will let you listen to music while viewing the map, but can you view the NAV from Dynavin, while listening to Sirius/XM from the OEM side?
Old 06-24-2016, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jjump
OK, I see on the cable is basically a dummy cable going no where, but plugged into the AMI.

Is there a part number for this?

Also, and again sorry and thanks for all the answers to my questions.

Since my Audi has Sirius/XM, which we use, will the navigation for the Dynavin still work/stay on the screen, if we want to listen to Sirius/XM from the OEM side?

Im thinking not from what I read, the Dynavin itself will let you listen to music while viewing the map, but can you view the NAV from Dynavin, while listening to Sirius/XM from the OEM side?
I ordered mine from Amazon for $8. Search for "image aux ami q5"

As far as picture and sound, they are independent so you can toggle to see the nav map but keep your audio on something else (Sirius/XM).

Good luck

Quick Reply: Dynavin DVN-A5 Installed