Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 08:50 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

EPC and check engine light

Old 02-02-2014, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlnike
got a brand new sq5 last week, driving back from Vermont last night to ny on 95 the epc light came on and car went into limp mode, I had no power at all it seemed.
moving over 3 lanes of 95 going under 20 miles an hour now was a bit dangerous...

pulled over restarted the car and all was fine. I'm a bit nervous to let my fiancé drive this car on a day to day basis now I don't want this happening to her. Is there one specific thing that is wrong to have fixed or endless possibilities?
This happened to me with my previous car, a S4. Virtually every warning light went off, even the steering went limp. Just like you, I stopped, shut off the engine, waited for 2 minutes, then started up and all was fine. I took it to the dealer and it never happened again.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

our Q5 was doing something similar a couple weeks ago. Same Lights, would cut out, get all lumpy and jerky. Turn the car off and it would be fine for 20 miles or so then start back up. It ended up being a bad ignition coil, could not pin point which one as every time i scanned the computer the misfires were jumping around, so i changed all 6 coils and the plugs. Runs smoother and better then when we bought it. I think we had one starting to go when we bought it and it finally just kicked the bucket. Super easy job to do by yourself. I had all six plugs and 6 coils changed in about 20 min. my local VW dealership had the right coils and for only $25 a piece, where the parts house wanted $63 a piece for the same coils. Also changed plugs over the E3's. All said and done about $180 plus my time doing the labor.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My Q5 2011 model had the EPC lights on. On Diagnosis, the timing kit and crankshaft was changed. After testing, the lights were still coming on after about 30 minutes. The oil has been flushed out using flushing oil to ensure no oil blockages. We are not sure if this will clear the problem. How can i be helped?
Old 02-18-2020, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Q5 CEL & EPC

Hey guys, I own a 2011 Audi Q5. I had my CEL come on a few days ago. The next day the EPC light came on and it started shaking when I gave it gas.
I got it checked and the code was a P2403, which is Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Sense Circuit/Open

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p2403.html

What do yall think?
Old 02-18-2020, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Dramos_30
Hey guys, I own a 2011 Audi Q5. I had my CEL come on a few days ago. The next day the EPC light came on and it started shaking when I gave it gas.
I got it checked and the code was a P2403, which is Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Sense Circuit/Open

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p2403.html

What do yall think?
My two cents...

First check, is your gas cap loose?

Did you have more than one code? You have two lights come on different days. Codes can trigger other codes as well.

Old 02-18-2020, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
My two cents...

First check, is your gas cap loose?

Did you have more than one code? You have two lights come on different days. Codes can trigger other codes as well.
Thank you for your response! Yes, I double-checked that. The P2403 is the only code that showed up when I got it checked.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same issue happening for past few months

Hello everyone,

im having the same issue happening to my Audi A3 2012 S line 1.4 TFSI manual
the EPC light comes on at random times, sometimes followed by CEL light as well
the car goes into complete lockdown, and I can’t do anything. Have to pull over and turn off the car and pray it won’t come on again.

anyone had any solutions so far?

Old 08-24-2020, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Please help

I hope someone can help. I have a 2009 Q5 3.2
i started having a rough idle, after about a week or two, check engine light came on. Brought it to audi.
i had misfires on 1, 3 ,6. So the spark plugs/ coil packs were swapped, still misfire on 1 and 3. Fast forward, i eventually get all 6 spark plugs, coil packs, fuel injectors all changed. They never changed the valve cover gasket, and told me it was optional. I feel like they should have changed it considering the dam manifold was open, it would have made sense. Anyway, after all that, i still get misfire cyl 1 and now 4! And a code that said "hide cylinder" (i forgot the code)
Someone told me it could be a leak. So i replaced a cracked hose located behind the manifold, closer towards the windshield area. It's like a 3 or 4 prong hose set.
misfire on 1 and 4 continue and now EPC light is on. It feels like it is going to run out of gas.
i can shut off the car off, wait a min or two and the EPC light goes off.
brought the car back to audi, the mechanic was determined to figure out what the problem is..Performed compression check, everything was within spec except for cyl 1. Finally he found excessive wear on cyl 1 camshaft lobe and rocker roller which is causing a gap between camshaft and valve and not sending enough air to piston which causes the misfire. But doesn't recommend i bother fixing it because it could be a 50/50 chance that is the cause of problem.
i know this was a lot, but please,
SOMEONE..... ANYONE....HELP! Any info would be soooooo helpful

Originally Posted by Dramos_30
Thank you for your response! Yes, I double-checked that. The P2403 is the only code that showed up when I got it checked.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default EPC Light Q5

Originally Posted by BCD-1
On My Q They replaced cam Shift actuator SENSOR # AUD 06E103697G

BCD-1

Which Cam shaft actuator sensor did they replace?
Old 10-04-2020, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 341 Likes on 313 Posts

The poster gave the part number already. It’s #14 in this illustration, it’s about a $50 part:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EPC and check engine light