Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Extended Warranty through Third Party Audi?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warranty through Third Party Audi?

I am buying an new Q5 tomorrow and have many quotes including one from the dealer. I was looking to get an extended warranty at some point but was wondering if anyone bought the "Audi warranty" from Troy Dietrich at Fathers and Sons Audi and more importantly used it. He says its the same JM &A Fidelity plan offered by Audi dealers. And it looks legit.

His pricing is a bit better than what was offered locally, but I was hoping for user references of actual use to see if there is an issue. I know how dealers are if you don't buy from them and have a problem. thank you
Old 08-22-2016, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't have to buy the extended warranty when you take delivery. Ask several dealers via e-mail to bid on the specific warranty you want to buy. Take the low bid to your dealer and ask them if they are willing to match it. If not, you can buy the warranty from any dealer, and it will be honored by any dealer. I was able to save nearly $2,000 off the first quote I received from my dealer. Extended warranties carry a very high dealer mark-up.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep...I'd wait til the last year of your factory one before even considering it. This way you'll have a feel for the car and if you think you really need it. It just seems a waste of money to buy something you hope you never have to use.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skystak
I am buying an new Q5 tomorrow and have many quotes including one from the dealer. I was looking to get an extended warranty at some point but was wondering if anyone bought the "Audi warranty" from Troy Dietrich at Fathers and Sons Audi and more importantly used it. He says its the same JM &A Fidelity plan offered by Audi dealers. And it looks legit.

His pricing is a bit better than what was offered locally, but I was hoping for user references of actual use to see if there is an issue. I know how dealers are if you don't buy from them and have a problem. thank you
I got my Audi warranty from Troy. It is the exact same product that the dealer was offering and is thru Fidelity.