Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Exterior Colors

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exterior Colors

I have a Scuba Blue Q5 on order which is stuck at the Halifax Autoport for at least a few weeks due to snow/ice and insufficient rail cars.

I was just wondering if any information is available regarding the colors and the number of units of each sold. I went with the blue as it appears 90% of the Q5's I see are white, black or grey and I wanted to be different. I personally have never seen a Scuba Blue Q5 in the wild.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-31-2015, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you are going crazy waiting on your car and you are looking at the Audi forum too much...lol...

I have had a white Q5 and now a Grey one and they were both beautiful. The blue one will be too.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Corlin
I have a Scuba Blue Q5 on order which is stuck at the Halifax Autoport for at least a few weeks due to snow/ice and insufficient rail cars.

I was just wondering if any information is available regarding the colors and the number of units of each sold. I went with the blue as it appears 90% of the Q5's I see are white, black or grey and I wanted to be different. I personally have never seen a Scuba Blue Q5 in the wild.

Any thoughts?
I've seen a few Scuba Blue Q5s...very nice colour. I went with Moonlight Blue, but Scuba was on my list. Fortunately Halifax couldn't even accept my car when it arrived, so it was offloaded in Rhode Island instead. Now it sits in a rail yard north of Toronto waiting for a truck to drive it about 20kms!
Old 03-31-2015, 02:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I haven't uploaded any pictures of mine yet, but here is another thread with another owners scuba blue.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...hello-2867446/
Old 04-01-2015, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't think there's any information grouped by color like that, but it'd be interesting to see for sure.

Scuba seems rare to see in any given area (closest I've seen is an Estoril SQ5, and that's not as close as pictures make it seem), but there's a ton of us on the board here that ordered it, so it's not truly rare -- just white/black/grey are the "safe" colors that dealers will typically stick to on their lot orders so they'll be more common with people not ordering vehicles.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet my Misano red is very rare. Lol. I only know of two other ones in the US. But mine was the first.
Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2015, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

ParadigmDawg - I am going a little nuts waiting, as I am not the most patient person, but I am sure it will be worth it in the end. I could have picked a white, black or grey one from the lot and drove it home the same day, so the choice was mine.

abegwit - I tracked my car on the cargo ship and knew it was going to be stuck in Halifax, but was hoping they would leave the frozen vehicles in the yard until the thaw and ship out new arrivals ASAP, but it appears things are backed up such that everything is delayed by a couple weeks or more. I am in Calgary so it has a long ways to go after it boards the train. You could at least go visit yours and look at it through the fence.

AlbertaBound - Post some pics please. I have a VAGCOM cable from my previous VW vehicle, so if you ever want to use it - let me know.

JBDinTX - That is a nice color, but it appears that any color on a Q5 looks good.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

If it ain't orange or purple, it ain't rare.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by big residual
If it ain't orange or purple, it ain't rare.
I have seen both Orange and purple.
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2015, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
I have seen both Orange and purple.
A one of one car.

Quick Reply: Exterior Colors