Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

finally - Brilliant black SQ5

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know how you are going to break this car in.[/QUOTE]

I am just shy of 1,000 miles. For the first 500 I was certainly a bit more cautious and conservative but since have spent most of my time in Dynamic mode. I have yet to see another one on the road. most people just see it as another Q5 until I open it up a bit. I am impressed how easy it is to get going fast without realizing it in this car.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by davidjz
I have yet to see another one on the road. most people just see it as another Q5 until I open it up a bit. I am impressed how easy it is to get going fast without realizing it in this car.
Same here. I've seen other SQ5's online and at the dealerships, but I have yet to see another one in the wild. If anyone in the DFW area is driving in your SQ5 and you see another one honking and waving...that'd be me.
I had someone in a itsosquishi try to tailgate me the other day, but not for long. I left them with a "waahhhhh!!!" God I love this thing! Oops...90...better ease off a bit.

Last edited by SQive; 06-27-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default tow hitch/update

I haven't kept up with the forum but attached a picture of the tow hitch with the cover back on. It was a DIY job so its not perfect but the price was right!

I have put nearly 3,000 miles on the car in the last month or so. It's still pretty impressive how quickly and seamlessly the car starts going fast. I am also impressed just how comfortable the car is!

Over the highway I have exactly what Audi advertises with 23 MPG. I typically make sure to keep it in comfort mode however I tend to go with the flow of traffic and exceed most posted speed limits....

GREAT CAR! no regrets. Barely see any Q5s here in Augusta let alone an SQ. Puts a smile on my face on a daily basis!
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2014, 06:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by timlocke
Very, very sharp...but don't try to drive around with the windscreen tint in many places around North America and in some places, with the front side windows tinted
right, timlocke. here in Montreal our cops could give out a ticket towards tinted window...they are not easy talkers...
Old 07-17-2014, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SQive
Same here. I've seen other SQ5's online and at the dealerships, but I have yet to see another one in the wild.
I think I've seen 3 others in Seattle so far all in my neighborhood. One in my building, one at a different building at work, one driving a few blocks away that is also Estoril with 21s. Still, not many. Didn't see many Qs at all and zero SQ5s when I was back on the NJ Shore for vacation.

Today, walking to work (couple blocks away), I heard not saw the white one in my building. I recognized the little burble-sort-of-wastegate-dump sound the throttle makes when you push it a bit (sorry, don't know what else to call this noise -- I think you guys should know what I'm talking about... or else, you're doing it wrong! ). Looked over my shoulder, saw the SQ and smiled.

On the break-in topic, I've done 700 miles so far (in 2 mos, which is a lot for me... did I mention I walk to work?!). The other night I was on the highway and let it go hard for the first time when some guy in a Carrera 4 Cab punched it in front of me. He was faster... but not as much as I bet he wished he was.