Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Floor mats with new Q5?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor mats with new Q5?

I can always be counted on to ask a bonehead question , so it's a good thing you guys are (seemingly) patient . . . as I have been looking at photos of 2015 Q5 TDIs on dealer lots around the country (while anxiously awaiting the arrival of mine), I'm noticing that it appears that the new car does not come with any standard floor mats (front or rear). Can anyone who has recently purchased a new Q5 (P+) confirm if that is the case?

Seems that a car north of $50K should include basic floor mats at the least, but if it doesn't, I'll need to get some.

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer usually charges about $80 for a set. I agree, they should be thrown in and perhaps you make negotiate that. But if not, buy a pair from eBay -- I bought a set that had "Q5" embroidered on the front two; they were black with a nice silver trim on the outside; and they were far thicker and of better quality than the stockers.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, mats are standard. Most likely the reason you don't see them in the photos is either that you're just not noticing, or that they had the mats out to negate any wear before any test drive or purchase (just stick down paper/plastic when any employee's moving the car around).

The basic mats are of course nothing to write home about, but rest assured you'll get mats with the car.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dalancroft
But if not, buy a pair from eBay -- I bought a set that had "Q5" embroidered on the front two; they were black with a nice silver trim on the outside; and they were far thicker and of better quality than the stockers.
Thanks, Dalancroft. I've been noodling around online to see what was out there and I came across the mats you got, black with the silver trim, and I was planning to buy a set of those if the car doesn't come with any. Those mats are good looking and supposed to be "lifelong textile" premium mats.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by idale
Yes, mats are standard.

The basic mats are of course nothing to write home about, but rest assured you'll get mats with the car.
See, I said it was a bonehead question . . . Thanks, idale.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by metta
See, I said it was a bonehead question . . . Thanks, idale.
You said it, not me.

There's of course the various "premium" mats, as well as aftermarket that you can do if the basic stuff doesn't cut it for you. I've always just stuck with the basic (had the original mats on my Passat for the 8 years I had it, and the heel wear wasn't too terrible), but others see about trading up for the thicker mats (like Dalancroft) or all-weather (typically aftermarket like Weathertech, heard mixed reviews of the Audi version).
Old 09-17-2014, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I ended up changing the standard floor mats to rubber mats which I prefer since I live near the beach and for outdoor activities I think it keeps to floors a bit cleaner.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is standard and I deal with the sale man to give me extra all weather set also. Does anyone's floor mats come with the Q5 embroidered? Mine do not.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My 2014 came with the basic carpet mats. I had the dealer throw in a set of winter mats as part of the deal. The carpet ones were packaged together in the back when I picked it up so I would assume yours would come with the basic mats.

That being said if you are in an environment that will see mud or snow I would recommend getting a better set then the standard mats as they will get dirty quickly and provide little protection.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We ordered ours with the Audi Guard Protection Kit that includes OEM rubber mats and rubber trunk liner. From what I've read on here, the Audi rubber mats are actually better than most of the aftermarket stuff.

Quick Reply: Floor mats with new Q5?