Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Floor mats with new Q5?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they all come with carpet mats. Dealers usually wait to install them until delivery. Rubber mats are an option; check the window sticker.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Last year, when I bought my 2014 Q5, my dealer tossed in the all weather mats. Having used them last continuously - for snow as well as rain, they obviously add to the protection of the carpet (a little flimsy, BTW) but with all the snow we had last winter, they simply are not high enough to offer full protection against road salt. Being as they were 'free" I may hold on to them, but if I did not have them already, I'd go with the Weather Techs.

B
Old 09-22-2014, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here are images of the Audi all weather mats on my new Q5. The lighting was poor, so the phone camera flash accentuates the dirt and color contrast of the mats against the carpet. In New England, all weather mats are pretty much standard issue, but the dealer also had the standard carpet mats in a plastic bag in the trunk for me. I really haven't looked at them and probably won't ever use them. I have WeatherTech mats for a Honda, and the quality of the Audi mats and WeatherTech mats is pretty comparable. After seeing the dirt on these mats after just a week or so, I'm glad I have them and can wash them off easily.

Front driver-side

Rear driver-side
Old 09-22-2014, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dcl23
Here are images of the Audi all weather mats on my new Q5.
Thanks for posting the pics. I may need to think about a set of these. I like how they have a lip around the edge that is like a tray to keep debris on/in the mat.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A bit of a side question, but how durable are these OEM rubber mats when exposed to the abuse of high heels?

My wife is going to be the primary driver. In her current C300, the OEM rubber mats did not last long - they got ripped to shreds by her high heels fairly quickly.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The stockers are soft and squishy, which I really like, but I imagine high heels would probably do them in pretty quick.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SQive
The stockers are soft and squishy, which I really like, but I imagine high heels would probably do them in pretty quick.
I like the soft, pliable mats too. Easier to handle etc.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
We ordered ours with the Audi Guard Protection Kit that includes OEM rubber mats and rubber trunk liner. From what I've read on here, the Audi rubber mats are actually better than most of the aftermarket stuff.
My wife's Q5 also came with the rubber Audi Protection Kit. The issue we had is that the mat nubs are so deep it is easy to catch a heal when moving feet around. We ordered the Weathertech because of a recommendation and convincing advertising. They are overpriced, cheaply made, slippery plastic and will ruin the backs of any leather shoes worn in the car. After damaging the leather on several pairs of shoes, my wife switched back to the soft rubber Audi mats. I wouldn't recommend Weathertech to anyone.

Can anyone recommend some quality mats? American made is nice but not required.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
A bit of a side question, but how durable are these OEM rubber mats when exposed to the abuse of high heels?

My wife is going to be the primary driver. In her current C300, the OEM rubber mats did not last long - they got ripped to shreds by her high heels fairly quickly.
I have the factory ones. They are hard material. My wife's heals do not damage the mats.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

I think the factory mats actually ship IN THE TRUNK so they'll be nice and clean on delivery.

If I may suggest, if you get any kind of "carpeted mats", buy two cans of scotchgard carpet protector. While the mats are still new and clean, SOAK EM. Any excess just wipes away after it has dried. The mats and any interior "carpeted" surfaces. I started doing that 25? years ago and found that if makes cleanup REAL easy, and if steam clean the interior fabric (with a rented rug cleaner) and reapply every five years or so? The upholstered surface look great.
Or there's Weathertech. Not to everyone's liking, but they make it way easier to shake out any sand or mud.

Quick Reply: Floor mats with new Q5?