Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

floor mats and transmission hump

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default floor mats and transmission hump

What do you guys do to cover the transmission hump in the back row? Neither the Husky weatherbeater or weathertech mats cover that area. I'd like to have one piece that covers the floor and hump area. Anyone tried these from aliexpress?

Aliexpress.com : Buy Good & Free shipping! Special floor mats for Audi Q5 2015 2010 non slip waterproof durable leather rugs carpet for Audi Q5 2014 from Reliable Floor Mats suppliers on Automotive supplies franchise stores | Alibaba Group

Description says "non slip" "durable" "leather".
Old 06-01-2015, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rycelover
What do you guys do to cover the transmission hump in the back row? Neither the Husky weatherbeater or weathertech mats cover that area. I'd like to have one piece that covers the floor and hump area. Anyone tried these from aliexpress?

Aliexpress.com : Buy Good & Free shipping! Special floor mats for Audi Q5 2015 2010 non slip waterproof durable leather rugs carpet for Audi Q5 2014 from Reliable Floor Mats suppliers on Automotive supplies franchise stores | Alibaba Group

Description says "non slip" "durable" "leather".
Hi, I have them installed in my car. They look pretty good and they are definately durable (read very thick! I'd say about half inch). I added some 3M velcro type strips for extra grip in the front footwell and they work very well to hold it up. I recommend them.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NorthValley
Hi, I have them installed in my car. They look pretty good and they are definately durable (read very thick! I'd say about half inch). I added some 3M velcro type strips for extra grip in the front footwell and they work very well to hold it up. I recommend them.
Which ones did you get? Black? Do you have any photos? How do they hold up in the winter? I'm located in Long Island NY and after last winter's spate of snow storms, I think I need to protect my new baby (just picked up a new SQ5 this past week).
Old 06-02-2015, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got the black with red thread. I didn't actually order the red threading it just turned up like it but as these are just for winter wear i dont care too much. They do a great job of protecting the original carpet. Here are a couple of pics, not good ones but you'll get the idea...
Attached Images    
Old 06-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NorthValley
I got the black with red thread. I didn't actually order the red threading it just turned up like it but as these are just for winter wear i dont care too much. They do a great job of protecting the original carpet. Here are a couple of pics, not good ones but you'll get the idea...
Thanks so much for the photos. The one for the front foot wells look nice but I'm not sure of the piece that goes over the hump; it looks like it doesn't fit snuggly in that photo. So you're saying their with the price?
Old 06-03-2015, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rycelover
Thanks so much for the photos. The one for the front foot wells look nice but I'm not sure of the piece that goes over the hump; it looks like it doesn't fit snuggly in that photo. So you're saying their with the price?
It actually fits pretty good. The photo doesnt do it justice. What happened to mine is that when they posted it to me the tranny hump part is where they folded the piece so there are a couple of creases. I am told these will disappear with time. I paid $200 delivered and very pleased with them. For me, in winter, they will definately do the trick. Cheers.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

ScotchGard!

Clean the carpet, dry it, soak it with one of the ScotchGard upholstery or carpet products. It is incredibly easy to keep carpet clean after you use that stuff. And the headliner, too.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the weathertechs. Love the front mats the back mats not so much. No one ever rides in the car but me. I do get one or two people a year. I love the way theses back mats look and fit. I might order just the back mat. Better to protect than clean. I have never had good luck with scotchguard
Old 06-05-2015, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Weathertech floor liner are perfect, better than any others I have used... Fit is perfect as you would expect. Have them front & rear...
Old 06-05-2015, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hmmm, those Weathetechs do look nice. Haven't seen them before. The only thing I would prefer would be for the back seat liners to connect over the transmission hump for whenever there is a 3rd person in the back.

Quick Reply: floor mats and transmission hump