Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Question about Audi's Q5 online-configurator

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Question about Audi's Q5 online-configurator

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if it is possible to order the Q5 with s-line (or s-line plus) package AND luxury-package. According to the 2012 order-guide, it is if you get the black interior. The online-configurator, however, forces me to decide between the two.

Also, does anybody know if Premium on the 3.2-engine is required or recommended?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, the online configurator is wrong. I ordered a Q5 with the S line, luxury, and drive select packages, and had no problem doing so. If you have a dealer nearby, ask them for a copy of the order guide, that's far more accurate. Audi of America's USA website is horrible.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
Yes, the online configurator is wrong. I ordered a Q5 with the S line, luxury, and drive select packages, and had no problem doing so. If you have a dealer nearby, ask them for a copy of the order guide, that's far more accurate. Audi of America's USA website is horrible.
Thanks, UrbanExtant!

I thought that the online-configurator must be wrong because I was able to locate the order-guide from Audi for MY2012 online and it only says that the luxury-package wasn't available with cinnamon colored interior and that the S-line required either cinnamon or black. No remark that the packages itself would be in conflict with each other.

So I came to the conclusion that you can order an S-line (plus) Q5 with luxury package - you just had no choice on the interior which would be black leather with Aluminium trim which would be OK for me.

Thanks again!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you're making the "right" choice in getting the luxury package. It really makes a huge difference in the feel of the interior. Unlike the non-luxury package cars, everything that should be leather inside, is leather, not just the "seating surfaces." This means the material covering the side/back of the seats, the headrests, the armrests, and the cowl over the instrument cluster. The leather is also noticeably thicker. If I hadn't owned a Q5 without the luxury package, I may not have noticed these things, but since I did, I can say it is a must-have item now that I've experienced it. The ventilated seats are decent too. Others have complained they don't work well, but I think they work just as well as the ones in my previous BMW X5. If you do opt for S line and Luxury package options, black with the aluminum trim will be your only option. The aluminum trim can be switched out later for any of the other wood packages. europrice.us sells the sets if the aluminum isn't your style, or it gets all dinged up.

If you have the cash, get the drive select package. It totally changes the feel of the vehicle, even when only left in "auto" setting. I'd not order another Audi without it now.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for your input!