Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

good news and bad news with my brand new Q5

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You're not obligated at this point. Sooner or later the dealer will repair/prep for sale. Asked them if they are going to respray the whole bumper or spot paint. If they spot paint it, come back and look at it to your satisfaction. If they got a good tech that did it, you will be pleased. Plus some discount will make up for it of course.

I understand a new car should be absolutely flawless for this amount of money. But mishaps will be everywhere you go. I use to be meticulous and **** everywhere I park and no matter what something will damage in some sort of way. From door dings to shopping carts and so forth.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, so what is the good news? .....all I have heard so far is bad news.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hilld
Ok, so what is the good news? .....all I have heard so far is bad news.
Lol, like I said I've been waiting for an white on black since they can't find one in the northeast region and so they finally did and shipped to the dealer.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by IntheQ5
You're not obligated at this point. Sooner or later the dealer will repair/prep for sale. Asked them if they are going to respray the whole bumper or spot paint. If they spot paint it, come back and look at it to your satisfaction. If they got a good tech that did it, you will be pleased. Plus some discount will make up for it of course.

I understand a new car should be absolutely flawless for this amount of money. But mishaps will be everywhere you go. I use to be meticulous and **** everywhere I park and no matter what something will damage in some sort of way. From door dings to shopping carts and so forth.
I just got off the phone with them and they were planning to have it repainted but I said I am not going to accept the car if it's going to be that way so they decided to swap the rear bumper with another sline glacier white Q5 in their lot. I am going ask them to show me the damage bumper after the swap so I am not taking the one that's repainted...
Old 05-22-2015, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The rear bumper is sooo easy to damage. My Q5 is only 4 months old and I already have a chunk out of the paint from a box being loaded into the back. Really need a bumper protector....
Old 05-22-2015, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 224 Likes on 188 Posts

Cars are damaged all the time in transportation. They repair/repaint at the port, and dealership. I believe that the US law is if the repair is less than $2,000 - 2,500 they don't need to tell you.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is the first thing I bought for my car, found a nice stainless steel one on eBay.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hilld
That is the first thing I bought for my car, found a nice stainless steel one on eBay.

Looks exactly like what I need. How does that attach to the bumper??
Old 05-22-2015, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Don Keener
Looks exactly like what I need. How does that attach to the bumper??
3M tape. I have one too although I was bummed it was labeled "S-Line" and I hate looking like a poser (mine is a regular Premium+). The eBay photo didn't show it and the guy took 25% off (refund via PayPal) so I just kept it. Works well though.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok so the dealer agreed to swap out the rear bumper with a new bumper that's coming off from a 2015 Q5 TDI with black optic package from their show room. They said the car will be ready by next wendsday for pick up since its a holiday weekend this week. Any thing I should check for since they have to replace the whole bumper the day picking up the car? Anything I should worry about? I still feel kind of nervous about swapping the bumper...

Quick Reply: good news and bad news with my brand new Q5