Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

good news and bad news with my brand new Q5

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default good news and bad news with my brand new Q5

ok I was waiting for my 15 Glacier White with black optic, so my dealer finally found one but its was a prestige instead of PP+, so they ask me if I want to upgrade it to prestige and it would be 2K more than my PP+. I said ok and its a pretty good deal with all the extra options included, so the good news is that the car finally arrived today from another dealer in DC and the sales guy was nice enough to send me couple pictures. I was so excited but I was at work during the time he message me and I told him I will be there after work ( which is after 9:00pm) to see the car myself. I was so anticipate to see the car, so I went there after work when the dealer is close of course, and I started looking at the car closely and make sure everything is in good condition which supposedly a brand new car shouldn't have any paint issues and I was wrong... I went to the rear of the car and saw a pretty big paint damage on the left side rear bumper. I included a picture below ( sorry for the bad quality picture). at this point can u guys give me some advise on what I should do next? I am definitely not going to take this car. thanks in advance.
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2015, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That sucks. Have them fix it and maybe knock that 2 grand back off. You know a lot of time new cars have some damage when coming in the lot. But the minor repair guys does such a good job that no one will notice. I bet they would have that fixed the following day right before you come and see it . But since you know it, it will always be in the back of your mind. Something to think about.

Last edited by IntheQ5; 05-21-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

The damage is actually pretty bad where it's actually all the paint is being scrape off and you can see the plastic. I don't think it will be a minor fix and they would need to repaint the whole rear bumper. I can't accept the repaint process because it's never the same as it from the factory. Do you know if it's possible for them to get me a replacement vehicle?
Old 05-22-2015, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audi1177777
The damage is actually pretty bad where it's actually all the paint is being scrape off and you can see the plastic. I don't think it will be a minor fix and they would need to repaint the whole rear bumper. I can't accept the repaint process because it's never the same as it from the factory. Do you know if it's possible for them to get me a replacement vehicle?
Yeah just tell them you aren't accepting it.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wouldn't buy it. Are you in a hurry? Just order one like you want it.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have had multiple bumpers on multiple cars repainted for various reasons (wife, I'm just saying) and you can't tell. I personally wouldn't sweat it one second.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sugadaddy
I wouldn't buy it. Are you in a hurry? Just order one like you want it.
No not in a hurry, I am not going to accept this car no matter what.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by LarkTx
I have had multiple bumpers on multiple cars repainted for various reasons (wife, I'm just saying) and you can't tell. I personally wouldn't sweat it one second.
Agree. Bumper covers are easy to have repaired and repainted. Prob will happen even on a pristine new car sooner or later. Then you get it painted and off you go until the next time.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Agree. Bumper covers are easy to have repaired and repainted. Prob will happen even on a pristine new car sooner or later. Then you get it painted and off you go until the next time.
I agree that the car will get damage sooner or later but at least that's your own fault and I would be ok with it but I havent even pick up the car and it's damage by transportation guy begin so careless which I can't accept. I don't want to deal with any paint problem In the future due which can't say for sure due to this repaint process...
Old 05-22-2015, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wouldn't accept it. Ask them if they can swap the bumper for a factory-painted one...?

When you go to sell a car, they can tell where paint work has been done and will hurt resale value.

Quick Reply: good news and bad news with my brand new Q5