Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Hartmann concerns with spacers

Old 03-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hartmann concerns with spacers

Hey all. About ready to pull the trigger on some Hartmann 20 peelers
http://shop.achtuning.com/hartmann-h...-for-audi.aspx

Talked to ACHtuning and the finish I want only comes in ET40. They recommended a set of spacers (12mm front 20mm rear) to bring them more in line with the fenders versus the ET25 in the silver finish.

Should I be concerned about adding these spacers? Anyone have any pictures of a similar setup? Thanks in advance, want to be as informed as possible before I drop 1380 on rims alone.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

spacers suck. band-aid. what a crappy cop out. Hartmann is good stuff but really - spacers? ugh! they should be free or better yet - they should pay YOU for having to use them.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
spacers suck. band-aid. what a crappy cop out. Hartmann is good stuff but really - spacers? ugh! they should be free or better yet - they should pay YOU for having to use them.
They want another 250 for a set of spacers
Old 03-18-2014, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have no idea why they make the same damn wheel in silver with one offset and then in titanium finish in a completely different one. How is that not interchangeable? I emailed them about ET25 titanium peelers and they said "maybe" this year. Clearly their production contract has more say than they do.

I totally agree, bandaid fix and if I'm buying a replacement wheelset for style points, it better have the offset I want or I'm not buying. Now putting spacers on OEM wheels is a little more palatable.

Last edited by Transfer; 03-18-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Transfer
I have no idea why they make the same damn wheel in silver with one offset and then in titanium finish in a completely different one. How is that not interchangeable? I emailed them about ET25 titanium peelers and they said "maybe" this year. Clearly their production contract has more say than they do.

I totally agree, bandaid fix and if I'm buying a replacement wheelset for style points, it better have the offset I want or I'm not buying. Now putting spacers on OEM wheels is a little more palatable.
Almost thinking of purchasing the silver finish in ET25 and having them powdercoated. Not sure if I can bring myself to do it knowing they make them in a finish I like...just not the offset.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alpinestaraudi
Almost thinking of purchasing the silver finish in ET25 and having them powdercoated. Not sure if I can bring myself to do it knowing they make them in a finish I like...just not the offset.
This is what I did. Spacers seem so Pep Boys to me. I will have my silver RS4 replica wheels powder coated this summer. $65 a wheel.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
This is what I did. Spacers seem so Pep Boys to me. I will have my silver RS4 replica wheels powder coated this summer. $65 a wheel.
Not to hijack this thread, but I will anyway!

JB, you've got an SQ5, right? I've got the 21" wheel option on my SQ5 and as most know, the market for replacement tires is very limited and the only offerings are summer tires. I don't want to go thru another North Texas winter with summer tires, so I've been researching options and have narrowed it down to 20" Hartmann reps, which greatly expands the tire offerings. My question is, does anyone know the factory offset for the 21s/what offset I need to specify on the 20" Hartmanns to avoid spacers?

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TDIII

JB, you've got an SQ5, right? I've got the 21" wheel option on my SQ5 and as most know, the market for replacement tires is very limited and the only offerings are summer tires. I don't want to go thru another North Texas winter with summer tires, so I've been researching options and have narrowed it down to 20" Hartmann reps, which greatly expands the tire offerings. My question is, does anyone know the factory offset for the 21s/what offset I need to specify on the 20" Hartmanns to avoid spacers?

Thanks!
Factory offset is ET33 all 4 corners. Get ET25 if you can.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TDIII

Thanks!
Name:  IwK5sDa.gif
Views: 23
Size:  129.0 KB

Old 03-19-2014, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Transfer
Factory offset is ET33 all 4 corners. Get ET25 if you can.
Thanks, Transfer.

JaXeN, why are you beating that horse? It's dead......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hartmann concerns with spacers