Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Humm May have to find a sollution for the bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 04:52 PM
SEG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK made rearguard for bumper

Anyone know whether the UK manufactured rearguard bumper cover is available in the US? It looks like a simple solution. Maybe someone in the US sells a similar product? It would not be worth paying the shipping charges from the UK manufacturer so I'm looking for something more local. Thanks for the help.
Scott

Originally Posted by sbarlas
I'd have to agree, this one is so far the best I've seen. the problem is that scratches appear over the lip of the bumper and most of the others I've seen only offer protection on the flat part of the bumper.

I would go for the Carbon look one that these guys are offering :

http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.ph...how&ref=RBP475

Will most likely set off nicely against a PEARL LAVA GREY colour than the plain matt black finish.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scott98101
Anyone know whether the UK manufactured rearguard bumper cover is available in the US? It looks like a simple solution. Maybe someone in the US sells a similar product? It would not be worth paying the shipping charges from the UK manufacturer so I'm looking for something more local. Thanks for the help.
Scott
Look in the previous post in this thread. I indicated that I bought mine from rearpaintguards.com. They are the US distributors.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2golf
I bought the Sline stainless steel one on eBay in 2011 for my Q5 that I believe is the same as the one that Reggie purchased (surface rust that is removed with steel wool). My 2015 Q5 TDI will be in my garage tomorrow and I have decided to purchase this carbon fibre one (supposed to be real carbon fibre). Will post pics once it arrives and I have installed it. I would love to remove the old stainless steel one prior to trading it in but it does not want to come off easily (even with fishing line and a sawing motion). Too bad as it has lasted well despite the minor surface rust.

Carbon Fiber Audi Q5 8R Wagon 5DR SUV Rear Bumper Protector Cover ? | eBay
Received the Carbon Fiber Bumper Guard from Taiwan today and am very pleased with the quality and fit/finish. I have attached two pics one of the guard before installation and installed on the Q.
Attached Images   
Old 12-17-2014, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey guys, new Q5 owner here (bought a gently used 2013 Q5 Premium Plus yesterday!). I have read this thread with much interest as my former 2007 A3's trunk lower lid/lip was scratched up quite a bit from loading and unloading items into the trunk.

Is it the general opinion that the RGM solution is the best? Thanks to MartinQ5 for posting the US dealer link. Seriously thinking of ordering right away.

I am in full acceptance that such covers won't last forever, so I am willing to remove and replace every 2-3 years.

Finally, I should mention that I live/work in the Boston area, so I am also strongly considering getting a bumper protector, both front and back. I may be more tolerant of ugly than most. I shall read up on the threads and post a thread to ask for recommendations separately.

So far I'm very glad to have found this forum, thanks to you all contributors!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by luv2golf
Received the Carbon Fiber Bumper Guard from Taiwan today and am very pleased with the quality and fit/finish. I have attached two pics one of the guard before installation and installed on the Q.
Thinking of getting it. How's it holding up?
Old 01-25-2015, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gerson Perez
Thinking of getting it. How's it holding up?
It is holding up great. It appears to be very high quality carbon fiber. Fit is excellent and the surface shine has not changed. I will be heading to Florida next week for 3 months and will be able to provide a better update once it has seen some warm weather and sun. So far I am very pleased with this purchase (especially compared to the stainless steel Sline one that I had on my 2011 Q5).

Even my Audi salesman was impressed with it when he saw it on my Q5.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Just ordered this one from ngp racing in black...

https://www.ngpracing.com/newstore/audi/q5-q7-en/exterior-en-73/rgm-rearguards-en/#/category/7854
Old 01-26-2015, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Barraged
https://www.ngpracing.com/newstore/audi/q5-q7-en/exterior-en-73/rgm-rearguards-en/#/category/7854
I have the same one.

Almost a year, still satisfied with it.

Cheers.

Martin
Old 02-05-2015, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rearguards

Just received my rear guard Black. Will be wrapping it in 3m carbon. And adding tape to the lip that hangs over bumper for it won't scratch paint