Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

I currently own a 2012 RX350 and drove a Q5 today

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to check out Car Max. Darn, I never even heard of them.

I live in the middle of nowhere, but sort of close to the greater Boston area, so I should be able to find something.

I am now thinking it would be nice to drive a Q5 off the lot, rather than wait. But this means I wold get sunroof I REALLY do not want My salesman showed me on the computer all the cars that were without sunroof and they were all special orders and all SOLD
Old 01-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

well, I have heard of them, but never really paid much attention. There is one about 75 miles from me, which would be problematic to get to. I may try a private sale. That would be a first!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CapeDave
well, I have heard of them, but never really paid much attention. There is one about 75 miles from me, which would be problematic to get to. I may try a private sale. That would be a first!
Is it possible to check another Audi dealership and ask them for apresal of your Lexus?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The next closest is 60-90 miles away. So I could, but I like, if at all possible, to keep my business with one dealer. I like to have a relationship with that dealer. Sales and service. That way, they HAVE to treat me well

I think a private sale may be the way to go here.

I am going to proceed with a look at financing. I can always negotiate them up

I am the type salespeople love. I fall in love with cars. And have a hard time hiding that fact
Old 01-13-2014, 01:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The next closest is 60-90 miles away. So I could, but I like, if at all possible, to keep my business with one dealer. I like to have a relationship with that dealer. Sales and service. That way, they HAVE to treat me well

I think a private sale may be the way to go here.

I am the type salespeople love too. I fall in love with cars. And have a hard time hiding that fact
CapeDave, I am a salesman's dream too.
I fall in love and I want it now. My husband has a cow over my negotiating tactics. Going in today to finalize, did the Carmax thing yesterday and they offered me what The dealership offered me and I was disappointed too. and getting the silver with black interior Q5 3.0. There are no 3.0s in a 300 mile and more range. I figure they are all gorgeous and there are only a few colors I could not live with. I don't want to wait 2-3 months. Besides I got a bit of a discount with a demo and that's ok with me. This is my first Audi. I'm trading in my MiniCooper. It's like changing from a car to a rocket !
Old 01-13-2014, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

AAA is currently offering 1.90% for up to 60 months (also check out USAA and Penfed), but ask the dealer's F&I guy to beat whatever the lowest published rate you find is...they probably can. When I bought back in Aug., AAA's rates were about the same, but dealer was able to get me 1.39% for 4 years through Wells Fargo.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vespaqueen
CapeDave, I am a salesman's dream too.
I fall in love and I want it now. My husband has a cow over my negotiating tactics. Going in today to finalize, did the Carmax thing yesterday and they offered me what The dealership offered me and I was disappointed too. and getting the silver with black interior Q5 3.0. There are no 3.0s in a 300 mile and more range. I figure they are all gorgeous and there are only a few colors I could not live with. I don't want to wait 2-3 months. Besides I got a bit of a discount with a demo and that's ok with me. This is my first Audi. I'm trading in my MiniCooper. It's like changing from a car to a rocket !
I completely understand! Congrats on your beautiful new car! The 3.0 must be truly amazing. I am refraining from driving one as then I might not like the 2.0T so much

I am unsure what I will do, but I am leaning towards the Audi for sure. Got to have some fun in this life while I am still young enough to enjoy it
Old 01-13-2014, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audi40
AAA is currently offering 1.90% for up to 60 months (also check out USAA and Penfed), but ask the dealer's F&I guy to beat whatever the lowest published rate you find is...they probably can. When I bought back in Aug., AAA's rates were about the same, but dealer was able to get me 1.39% for 4 years through Wells Fargo.
Back when I had good credit that may have been possible. Not s sure now as my credit is only average.

So, we'll see.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back when I had good credit that may have been possible. Not s sure now as my credit is only average.

you are not alone (voice by M.Jackson)
Old 01-13-2014, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

CapeDave,

I am also interested in the Q5 2.0 and I am glad you started this thread. I currently have a RAV4 V6 sports with run flat and the ride is rough. I have a long commute so want something comfortable and not feel all the bumps in the road.

My wife and I took a test drive of the RX350 and really liked the interior and seats, but it was no fun to drive. We also test drove the X3 and found the seats to be a little hard and very similar to the 3 series we have. We want something different and I read that the Q5 is a good balance between bmw handling and the lexus ride.

Since you already own the RX350, i want to know, how did you find the Q5 in terms of ride comforts and the seats. This weekend it was raining so couldn't do the test drive, hopefully next weekend I would be able to test drive it.

MPG is also important and the 2.0 is better than the RX350 in gas milage, thought about the TDI, but the cost difference vs the time I would keep the car (will be leasing) doesn't make sense to pay the difference.

I have 1.5 years of payments left on the RAV4 and instead of paying for the RAV4, i thought I could pay a little more and lease a new car.

I would much appreciate your comments regarding the two cars or anyone else for that matter. This forum has some really helpful members.

Do you guys know if you can get a good discount through Costco?

Quick Reply: I currently own a 2012 RX350 and drove a Q5 today