Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Q5/SQ5 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Q5/SQ5 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q5 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 175295

Default I think I'm missing my toolkit and jack

I went to install the roof rack for my Q5 today and went looking for the tool. Funny thing, I didn't find it where the manual says the tools are. I found it in the little side netting in the trunk, but I didn't find the rest of the tools where the manual says they should be.

Anyone else get a car without a toolkit? Shouldn't they be just under the trunk carpet by the spare?

Thanks.
bentwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 168523

Not sure exactly what you mean by "under the trunk carpet by the spare." Once you lift up the trunk decking you will see the spare, but then you need to lift up the carpet just in front of the spare, then unclip a small plastic panel and under that is the where the jack and toolkit lives. It will be real obvious that the jack is missing as it fits tightly in a form fitted cavity.

Hope you find it.

Also if you do find it, make careful note of how the toolkit and jack are placed. As far as I can tell they only go back one way. It literally took me longer to get the jack and toolkit back in their place than it did to swap out all four wheels for a winter set.
mike678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 161277

My toolkit was exactly where mike678 stated.

However, my roofrack came wrapped in some cardboard. My tool for the roofrack was inside that (not in the toolkit).
edwyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 159189

My roof rack came wrapped just like edwyun stated. Didn't open package for three or four months, only to discover the plastic ends were broken. Replaced under warranty.
Loophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:01 AM   #5
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 175295

You guys were right. I found it. Under a latched compartment, under some carpet, under a big plastic bin, under more carpeting

Me, I'd have put the tools in the huge toolbox shaped compartment at the same level as the spare.

This car is a drug trafficker's dream.

Thanks for all your help!
bentwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #6
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 158640

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentwookie View Post

This car is a drug trafficker's dream.
Don Pedro appreciate your comment and totally agree with you! Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 197007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike678 View Post
Not sure exactly what you mean by "under the trunk carpet by the spare." Once you lift up the trunk decking you will see the spare, but then you need to lift up the carpet just in front of the spare, then unclip a small plastic panel and under that is the where the jack and toolkit lives. It will be real obvious that the jack is missing as it fits tightly in a form fitted cavity.

Hope you find it.

Also if you do find it, make careful note of how the toolkit and jack are placed. As far as I can tell they only go back one way. It literally took me longer to get the jack and toolkit back in their place than it did to swap out all four wheels for a winter set.
Thanks for the advice, glad I'm not the only one who wouldn't think to lift some carpet that didn't look like it should be lifted
. The dealer didn't explain this over the phone at all!
Black AAQ23Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:28 AM   #8
AudiWorld Expert
Account #: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black AAQ23Q View Post
Thanks for the advice, glad I'm not the only one who wouldn't think to lift some carpet that didn't look like it should be lifted
. The dealer didn't explain this over the phone at all!
My dealer service rep had to go ask as he did not know where either - here is a picture writeup of the location at the end of the tech article http://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel64.shtml

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
100, 2000, a6, audi, jack, kit, location, missing, q5, tookit, tool, toolkit, tools, trunk, tt