Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Introducing the Carista OBD device!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default display the " Hidden Menu"

Question-- Once I activate the Hidden Menu with Carista( which I have) I read instructions to press and hold the " setup and car buttons" etc. Im not finding a " setup " button. Could it be the Menu and Car buttons?? or something else? HELP
Old 07-16-2015, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bad Andy
... turned the "winking" feature off.
What is the 'winking' feature?
Old 07-16-2015, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockout
What is the 'winking' feature?
When your daytime running lights are on and you put on the turning blinker, it will shut off that side of the day time running light
Old 07-16-2015, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jbbarrette
When your daytime running lights are on and you put on the turning blinker, it will shut off that side of the day time running light
Ah right. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2015, 05:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I also received my Carista ODB2 mid-week and changed a few settings via my Android phone (enabled gauge sweep and convenient windows) on my 2015 3.0T Q5.

However I noticed some settings were changed that I didn't select and I had to change back using the app.

Unlock doors via remote & Unlock doors via smart key (door handle button) both went from "ALL DOORS ON 1ST PRESS" to "DRIVER'S DOOR ON 1ST PRESS, ALL ON 2ND"

And Front footwell lights while driving & Rear footwell lights while driving both went to "ENABLED" from "DISABLED"

Has anyone else had that occur? Once I set back the next day they were fine and "sticking" but surprised that some items were changed that I never selected.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:15 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bad Andy
Just received my Carista yesterday. Enabled gauge sweep and convenient windows on my Q5, and turned the "winking" feature off. The device and app work great!

I turned on the "Hidden Menu", but am unsure how to utilize it. I am most interested in the transmission gear selector. The links indicated above seam to apply to a VAG Com device and not necessarily the "Hidden Menu".
Unfortunately Carista doesn't have the option to set the transmission gear display yet, but we are looking into it. This is not something that can be enabled with the Hidden Menu.

Originally Posted by lawnmore
Question-- Once I activate the Hidden Menu with Carista( which I have) I read instructions to press and hold the " setup and car buttons" etc. Im not finding a " setup " button. Could it be the Menu and Car buttons?? or something else? HELP
Yes you are right. It is the Menu and Car buttons.

Originally Posted by jeffsti
So I also received my Carista ODB2 mid-week and changed a few settings via my Android phone (enabled gauge sweep and convenient windows) on my 2015 3.0T Q5.

However I noticed some settings were changed that I didn't select and I had to change back using the app.

Unlock doors via remote & Unlock doors via smart key (door handle button) both went from "ALL DOORS ON 1ST PRESS" to "DRIVER'S DOOR ON 1ST PRESS, ALL ON 2ND"

And Front footwell lights while driving & Rear footwell lights while driving both went to "ENABLED" from "DISABLED"

Has anyone else had that occur? Once I set back the next day they were fine and "sticking" but surprised that some items were changed that I never selected.
Is it possible that the footwell lights were already set on ENABLED in Carista. On some cars they need additional settings in order to really be enabled. So its possible that Carista was already showing them as enabled, even though they weren't. In other words, changing other settings didn't actually change the footwell setting by itself. At least that's what seems most likely to us.

About the door lock settings: that seems weird as well. It shouldn't change as well, unless something was changed in the MMI.

If non of this explains the situation or you know that it is not the case, write us an email (support@caristaapp.com) or reply here.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just did some settings via the Carista..worked perfectly and very easy..

Any plans to create a setting to disable the 'passenger airbag off' light on the dash?
Old 07-26-2015, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Any eta on when the Carista OBD2 adapter will be back in stock?
Old 07-27-2015, 03:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Hidden Menu

Can someone please give a step by step instruction on how to access the Hidden menu? I have enabled it with Carista but am unable to figure out how to proceed from there. And what does" restart required" entail? Thoughts???
Old 07-27-2015, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Introducing the Carista OBD device!

Originally Posted by lawnmore
Can someone please give a step by step instruction on how to access the Hidden menu? I have enabled it with Carista but am unable to figure out how to proceed from there. And what does" restart required" entail? Thoughts???
Try this link
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ft-2013-B8-5-s

Quick Reply: Introducing the Carista OBD device!