Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Iphone features and Q5

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oops, 'like I said in another thread' (blush).
Old 08-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DriftDreamzSS
Are you guys trying to text or e-mail while driving or something? I dont understand whats so bad about having the phone in the glove box getting charged with full access to your music and contact list right at the steering wheel controls.

If you jailbreak the phone and download music controls pro then yes, you can play Pandora and other apps thru the mmi with the standard cable that came with the car.
Just tordered my Q5 today! This was a huge concern for me. I had a couple of BMW's and there Ipod intergration was AWFULL. I bought and ran a Belkin cable from the glove box thru the center console and poped it out in a couple of diffrent places. My wife thought I was nuts at 11pm when I had the center console apart on the first day I got my BMW.

It is so important for me because I get in and out of my car SO many times in one day. I also tend to text or read a quick email at a light, but I do not while the car is in motion. I dont understand why they didnt put the cable in the armrest.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

And YES I am jailbroken and THANK YOU!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just an update for people who may find it helpfull. I drilled a small hole in the corner of the inside glove box. I then ran an Ipod extension cable (mentioned earlier in thread) out and thru the center console to the arm rest box. I poped the cap off what looks like the placement of what should be the Aux adapter. I now plug in there and either put the phone under my leg (so I feel it vibrate) or drop it in the cup holder. The cable syncs fine and charges fine as well.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd be interested in seeing a picture if possible. Was it difficult to run through the center cousole?

How big was the hole you drilled? Did it need to be large enough to fit the dock connector through it.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My one gripe about the Q5, and it seems most current Audis, is the lack of bluetooth stereo A2DP. My sister has a plain-jane Ford Focus that syncs perfectly with my iPhone -- including playback control with the steering wheel controls. I step into the car, and it immediately starts playing over the stereo using bluetooth.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

wow. this seems a lot to go thru to avoid buying a ipod specifically for the glovebox. a shuffle is like 50$.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by woolie
My one gripe about the Q5, and it seems most current Audis, is the lack of bluetooth stereo A2DP. My sister has a plain-jane Ford Focus that syncs perfectly with my iPhone -- including playback control with the steering wheel controls. I step into the car, and it immediately starts playing over the stereo using bluetooth.
Sucks doesn't it. Of course, ford wants you to drool all over the bells and whistles and pay no attention to the actual car. I would pay to upgrade my Spotify account to use on my phone if we could stream.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Goodlivn
wow. this seems a lot to go thru to avoid buying a ipod specifically for the glovebox. a shuffle is like 50$.
Agreed I have an older 80 gb classic that will be going in the Q5. Plus I have a newer 16 gb shuffle for the gym, and I plan on getting an iphone after I hear about this whole iphone 5 business.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can't you just transfer your music to an SD card and use the sd card slot? Seems a lot easier to me, and cheaper too

Quick Reply: Iphone features and Q5