Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2014 or 2015 Q5 TDI?

Old 03-02-2014, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 or 2015 Q5 TDI?

I am considering trading in my 2010 Q5 for a 2014 Q5 TDI. I LOVE my 2010 Q5!!! But thinking about trading it in due to trade-in value after 4 years. I have read only positive reviews about the Q5 TDI, but I am hesitant to buy the 1st year model. Anyone having any issues with their Q5 TDI? Or have ideas about this based on the Q7? Thanks.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lillarz
I am considering trading in my 2010 Q5 for a 2014 Q5 TDI. I LOVE my 2010 Q5!!! But thinking about trading it in due to trade-in value after 4 years. I have read only positive reviews about the Q5 TDI, but I am hesitant to buy the 1st year model. Anyone having any issues with their Q5 TDI? Or have ideas about this based on the Q7? Thanks.
My understanding is that the next Q5 won't be until the 2016 model and it will be assembled in Mexico. So I'm not sure what you mean by "1st year model". Yes, 2014 is the first year for the Q5 TDI but this model Q5 has been around for 6 years and the TDI engine for nearly that long. Mine has been perfect so far and probably the most enjoyable car I've owned so far. I wouldn't hesitate a minute to get a 2014 TDI.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mhughett
My understanding is that the next Q5 won't be until the 2016 model and it will be assembled in Mexico. So I'm not sure what you mean by "1st year model". Yes, 2014 is the first year for the Q5 TDI but this model Q5 has been around for 6 years and the TDI engine for nearly that long. Mine has been perfect so far and probably the most enjoyable car I've owned so far. I wouldn't hesitate a minute to get a 2014 TDI.
Thanks for the info. I have read about the new factory in Mexico...yikes. I have always been told not to purchase the first year of a major change in a car, due to problems usually being worked out by the second year. 2014 is the first year the TDI engine is available in the Q5, which is a major change, in my view. I'm just concerned about any issues that have been occurring, but I can't seem to find any! Just wondered if I was missing something.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

We have 11K on our '14 Q5 TDI. I love this vehicle so much, I plan on ordering another Q5 TDI to replace my A5 at end of lease. No issues at all so far, except plenty of power, and very nice MPG.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lillarz
Thanks for the info. I have read about the new factory in Mexico...yikes. I have always been told not to purchase the first year of a major change in a car, due to problems usually being worked out by the second year. 2014 is the first year the TDI engine is available in the Q5, which is a major change, in my view. I'm just concerned about any issues that have been occurring, but I can't seem to find any! Just wondered if I was missing something.
Even though it's the "first year" model here in the USA, I think that model has been around for a while now in Europe...I don't think there should be any major issues. So far, I haven't seen a lot of "issues" on the forums with the TDI's. Trust me, I have been trolling the forums trying to figure out if I should get a TDI or not...I did get one.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiFreak666
Even though it's the "first year" model here in the USA, I think that model has been around for a while now in Europe...I don't think there should be any major issues. So far, I haven't seen a lot of "issues" on the forums with the TDI's. Trust me, I have been trolling the forums trying to figure out if I should get a TDI or not...I did get one.
Correct, the 3.0 TDI has been out for a long time overseas (in many models, not just the Q5), it's only here that it's "new". Granted the engine revision is fairly new, but tweaks like that aren't usually anything to be concerned about.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:11 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't remember the last time I saw a thread with all positive posts about a vehicle or subject matter! It is refreshing. The Q5 Tdi seems to be the perfect Audi for me, I just wish I could afford one
Old 03-03-2014, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

I totally agree! My wife is looking for a new DD and I was on the fence on whether to wait for the 2015 or just pull the trigger on a 2014. After all the great feedback here, I will be looking at ordering a 2014 TDI very soon.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey there,

I'm in the same boat as you Lillarz.

We are looking to replace our 2010 GTI. We love the car but we want something bigger for family (one car household) and AWD.

It seems TDI Q5 is the perfect machine for us. We prefered the TDI to the 3.0T (even SQ5 for everyday use).

We'll have full equity on the GTI and trade-in value is good.

At what date will the MY14 will be delivered ?
My dealer told me in February that if I have ordered a '14, delivery would have been May. For a '15 : Beginning of July.

He asked if I could wait 2 months, that the move would worth it. Don't forget this is probably the last year, so equipment could get better (leftover stuffs...), so value could improve.

If you guys hear some stuff about 2015, let me know please.
Still have not heard of the 2015 order guides.

You'll be happy with a 2014 TDI anyway !
Old 03-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chuck2006
He asked if I could wait 2 months, that the move would worth it. Don't forget this is probably the last year, so equipment could get better (leftover stuffs...), so value could improve.
I'm waiting for my 14 Q5 TDI to show up in May. Stop killing my buzz.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 or 2015 Q5 TDI?