Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

MMI Nav

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default MMI Nav

I'm trying to find out how to turn off the left side of the nav screen showing the local gas stations and other "nearby information. All I want to see if the nav route.

I'm most used to the garmin where at the top of the screen it states things such as

"in two miles take exit #4"

Does Audi MMI have options for showing the route and having the name of the street or exit i'm supposed to be turning at in the next 5 - 10 miles displayed? For example, I was driving on a freeway and wasn't sure how far my next exit was and I was hoping the mmi display would tell me the information so I knew when to get over etc...

Thanks for any feedback. I've mainly used garmin, my iphone with apple maps, or google maps app.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found out by accident that it can be turned on and off.

Try pressing the black toggle button (I'm not sure which direction) in the center of the large ring on the MMI controls. As I recall, one direction turns it on and another direction turns it off.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imdakine1
I'm trying to find out how to turn off the left side of the nav screen showing the local gas stations and other "nearby information. All I want to see if the nav route.

I'm most used to the garmin where at the top of the screen it states things such as

"in two miles take exit #4"

Does Audi MMI have options for showing the route and having the name of the street or exit i'm supposed to be turning at in the next 5 - 10 miles displayed? For example, I was driving on a freeway and wasn't sure how far my next exit was and I was hoping the mmi display would tell me the information so I knew when to get over etc...

Thanks for any feedback. I've mainly used garmin, my iphone with apple maps, or google maps app.

Yes. The next few Nav directions appear on the left side of the MMI screen enclosed in a box, which can be removed. It will tell you the next 3 turns or conditions. Sometimes it will display "slow traffic" several times, but usually will show at least one of the next directions of the route.

I don't remember exactly what I did to enable and disable those functions, but one could click on settings from within navigation and play with the toggles there. Although, if I remember correctly to enable that small 3 next directions window, one has to play with the circular toggle and black button on the main MMI controls while the Nav is on.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Settings / Route Info

You should definitly read the manual...
Old 08-13-2014, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I went through the manual before sleeping one night and realize that I probably should be reading it but also be in the car since sometimes it seems easy when reading but is quickly forgotten.

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
Settings / Route Info

You should definitly read the manual...