Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

MY16 SQ5 Plus *Build Thread* - Eskimo5

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY16 SQ5 Plus *Build Thread* - Eskimo5

Hi all from London - UK,

I'd like to say hello and introduce MY16 SQ5 Plus (340).
My new SQ5 Plus will be delivered in about a months time, so wanted to let you guys know of the final build spec and the future customisations I have planned for my Beast

Factory optional extras:

Interior
  • Panoramic Sunroof
  • 3-Spoke Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
  • B&O Sound System
  • Carbon Atlas Inlays
  • Extended Leather Pack
  • Heated Front and Rear Seats
  • Electric Seats w/ Memory
  • Climate Cup Holder
  • Rear Side Airbags
  • Retractable Sun Visors
  • Under-Floor Storage Tray

Exterior
  • 21" 5 Twin-Spoke Black Alloys
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • Electric Folding Mirrors w/ Memory, Auto Dimming & Heating
  • Audi Running Boards

Technology
  • Dynamic Power Steering
  • Advanced Key
  • ADS
  • Audi Parking System Advanced
  • Technology Package - Advance
  • Phone Prep - High w/ Audi Connect
  • Audi Hill-Hold Assist

Below are my future planned customisations, I have pretty much already lined up all the companies and costs involved so it's just a matter of doing them once the car arrives - If anything interests you guys let me know and I can advise on companies, costs, time etc... There are one or two things which I'm still thinking over, so please let me know what you guys think and if there is something you may want to give a heads-up on.

Future Customisations:

Exterior
  • Install dimpled and slotted brake rotors front & rear
  • Remove TDI logo
  • New car detailing including glass coating (specifically asked Audi not wash or touch the car at all), my detailer will do everything
  • Apply clear bra on front bumper and bonnet
  • Powder coat tail pipes gloss or satin black
  • Powder coat running boards gun metal or shadow chrome (the side step stock silver colour looks a bit cheap)
  • Darken the two tone gloss black wheels (in the middle of the spokes, it's a silver colour at the moment)
  • Install ECU Chip, boosts to around 400bhp
  • Add tire wall lettering - still thinking about this, it's just a fun idea, was thinking of having quattro or something (see picture)

Interior
  • Install Red seat belts x5
  • Add Red leather piping on edge of mats
  • Add an additional subwoofer to the B&O sound system (a plug and play unit)
  • Install exhaust sound booster - Wifi version (comes with app for remote adjustment, no more silly button)

That's basically it I'm sure there will be one or two things here and there, but that's mostly it.
I have attached two pics which I've done some quick photoshop on 1) is just standard with no mods 2) is with darkened alloys, dimple rotors, side step and tire wall lettering 3) same as two just without tire wall lettering.

Let me know what you guys think and i'll upload photos and keep this posted updated each time something is added.

Cheers,
Attached Images    
Old 02-03-2016, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like a great project. I just bought a 2016 Q5 Sline 3T. I have added a few things, and more coming.

Please post lots of photos of your before and after installs, plus gotchas that you come across!
Old 02-04-2016, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Love it all except the lettering on tires (by the way, are you a Brit? Then it's TYRES! ;-)). Good luck with build and mods. One thing to remember...lots of photos please!! Cheers
Old 02-04-2016, 05:50 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

What a great set of specs on a great machine. Trans-Atlantic envy here: wish we could get the same specs here (SQ5 TDI Plus). If it were me, I'd leave the TDI logo on and take off all the "S" markings. Steve
Old 02-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JimVonBaden
Sounds like a great project. I just bought a 2016 Q5 Sline 3T. I have added a few things, and more coming.

Please post lots of photos of your before and after installs, plus gotchas that you come across!
Cheers - Yep will do.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NorthValley
Love it all except the lettering on tires (by the way, are you a Brit? Then it's TYRES! ;-)). Good luck with build and mods. One thing to remember...lots of photos please!! Cheers
Yeah - It's just something I saw on muscle cars in San Diego and liked, but I probably won't do them on mine, just practising my photoshop skills

Yes good spot haha - probably spent too much time in CA.

Will do.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scrmorling
What a great set of specs on a great machine. Trans-Atlantic envy here: wish we could get the same specs here (SQ5 TDI Plus). If it were me, I'd leave the TDI logo on and take off all the "S" markings. Steve
Cheers mate - Yes I'm really looking forward to it, will one of the first to have the Plus version and once ECU chip is added I'm looking at 380bhp and 800nm, so can't wait.

In the UK we have TDI on all cars (Vans, Hatchbacks) so it's a bit not cool lets just say.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:34 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Eskimo5
In the UK we have TDI on all cars (Vans, Hatchbacks) so it's a bit not cool lets just say.
But imagine the look on the faces of those who think it's "just a TDI" when you blow the doors off their rides. Then there's always the "but it's only a TDI Constable." Steve
Old 02-05-2016, 07:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So you can add the ECU chip with brand new car and it wont void the warranty or make any troubles with Audi for the free servicing?

And don't they wipe it and reset the engine when they do service it?
Old 02-05-2016, 07:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scrmorling
But imagine the look on the faces of those who think it's "just a TDI" when you blow the doors off their rides. Then there's always the "but it's only a TDI Constable." Steve
Haha yeah that's true....

Quick Reply: MY16 SQ5 Plus *Build Thread* - Eskimo5